Harvest: Junior Rails Developer
Location: New York City
- You have a CS degree or relevant experience building web applications. You are smart, curious, and eager to learn.
- You’ve got a couple side projects to show us.
- You’re excited to work with great developers and learn new things.
- You take pride in doing great work, and you care about the details.
- You love the web, and you’re interested in everything from CSS to databases.
- You want to be part of a small, growing company that is making an impact on the workflow and efficiency of small business.
- You’re authorized to work in the United States.
- You’ll fit in with our team as an honest, responsible, and humble person with a sense of humor.
- Recreate bugs and un-expected behavior in our test suite, then fix the problem with our development team. Communicate the problem and solution back to our customers.
- Re-factor complex business logic to take advantage of new technologies and techniques. For instance our report generation and export just went from a tmpfile on disk to streaming output from our Rails daemons.
- Build a great tool our team uses every day, like Lumberjack, our internally written log search tool.
- Collaborate with our interaction designers and front end folks on a better first-time user experience, then make it happen.
- Brainstorm exciting possibilities for 3rd party APIs, everything from financal tools to support dashboards and the newest Google APIs.
- Move a small codebase over to a new technology like Rails 3, Ruby 1.9.2, jQuery, HTML5, or CouchDB then report back to our team on the best tips and tricks.
To apply: To be considered for this position, please visit this page and follow the directions under the “To Apply” section: http://www.getharvest.com/careers/junior-rails-developer
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
268 total views, 1 today