Heroku: Front End / Rails Web Developer
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Heroku Web Apps team is dedicated to beautiful, usable, and valuable web apps. We’re highly collaborative, make decisions in minutes, and ship features in hours. We believe in getting customer validation early, verifying with real data, but also running with our gut. The small team includes UI/UX design and product management, but everyone on the team is responsible for the success of our products, including that we’re building the right thing in the first place, and that it’s polished and beautiful when it’s done.
You should be passionate about:
- User experience and goal-directed design
- Current Rails/jQuery best practices
- Style, presentation, and design
You should be very strong on all of the following:
- HTML/CSS – not a web designer, but extremely good at implementing markup
- Ruby on Rails
- Performance optimization, SQL tuning, caching strategies
- Ability to own projects end-to-end
- Async (e.g. Backbone.js, EventMachine, Node.js)
- HTML5 fanciness (e.g. websockets, canvas)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS e.g. S3, EC2)
- Having founded your own startup
Attach a resume, but also include something about yourself in your message. Tell us why you love the product, why you want to be in a startup, why you want the job, and why you’re qualified. Use the resume to back yourself up.
This position does require that you live in, or be willing to relocate to, San Francisco.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
310 total views, 1 today