Location: New York, NY
Are you a true front-end guru with an eye for detail, strong UX instincts, and a solid understanding of how the servers come together to deliver the site? Hoefler & Frere-Jones (H&FJ), a leading digital typefoundry whose body of work includes some of the world’s most beloved fonts, is looking for you.
We’re looking for candidates who love technology, want to be part of a small and growing team, and enjoy having total ownership of their work. The position offers an opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, and to be part of the continued growth and success of a highly visible company.
This is a full-time position that offers competitive benefits, and is located in our New York City offices.
– A clear communicator: out loud, on paper, and in code.
Comfortable with task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
– Someone who loves to make an impact, and who thrives in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
– Someone with an aptitude for detail in all things. You exhibit an ability to focus on mundane functions of your job, but are self-motivated enough to learn new skills in order to accomplish new tasks.
– A learner. You read up on and experiment with new techniques and technologies because it’s in your nature, not because it’s a job requirement. You don’t just learn how things work, you learn why.
– A leader. You display leadership skills such as taking proper responsibility, pursuing solutions to a problem, and displaying resourcefulness towards meeting goals.
– Previous work experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP (LAMP) development
– Previous work experience with Amazon Web Services
– Knowledge of optimization techniques (both in file weight and perceived/actual rendering speed), dynamic content retrieval, state management, accessibility techniques, device-portability techniques, and internationalization issues
– BS/MS in Computer Science or applicable experience
– Solid understanding of OOP and event-driven programming
– Knowledge of HCI and application UI design
Interested and qualified candidates should provide a cover letter with a summary of experience specific to the requirements outlined, and a resume, to Greg Tyree at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply for this position if you are are an offsite contractor, or a recruiter.
To apply: Interested and qualified candidates should provide a cover letter with a summary of experience specific to the requirements outlined, and a resume, to Greg Tyree at email@example.com.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
213 total views, 1 today