Hudl: Sports-loving UI Designer
Location: California, Texas, Nebraska
- Can recite the wisdom of Spool, Cooper, Tufte, Wroblewski and other giants in the field.
- Love seeing the world through someone else’s eyes building an interface that fits their mental model of the world.
- Are anxious to work on a variety of platforms and products (iPad, iPhone, Android, web app, thick-client desktop, etc.)
- Can tell the story of a product or service with sharp copy and crisp imagery.
- Sketch out your ideas on paper before you dive into your prototyping tool of choice (Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML & CSS)
- Know which details matter and how to push back and say “no.”
- Communicate your designs with developers and managers using the appropriate media and fidelity.
- Think that copywriting is crucial to building a great UI.
- Can’t wait to see real people use your designs in usability studies—even if it makes you grit your teeth.
- Believe culture matters more than anything else.
- Are 20-something nerds, designers, marketers and former jocks who love sports and tech.
- Have a profitable, kick-ass product that is changing coaches’ and athletes’ lives.
- Are as passionate about winning as the coaches we serve.
- Need you to help anchor one of our small, Agile teams that include a designer, two developers, a QA lead, and a project manager.
- Promise you’ll love coming to work every day.
Working with Us, You Can:
- Enjoy an unlimited vacation policy.
- Work remotely from wherever you’re most creative.
- Sleep soundly with our paid health insurance and retirement plans.
- Get hooked up with free tickets to NFL & Div. I sporting events.
- Stuff yourself at free daily company-sponsored lunches.
- Snack on free food and soda.
This Job is NOT:
- A pure graphic design role. Feel free to impress us with your visual design talent but realize that’s not all you’ll be doing.
- A pure coding/development role. You should be familiar with web technologies but you’ll be working right alongside amazing dev talent. No “throwing it over the wall” at our office.
To apply: People always say, “You guys must have so much fun.” We do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvu7LJ4QOwc Want to work with us? Send us your portfolio and an example of an interface you really love. Tell us why in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
385 total views, 1 today