Location: Brooklyn, NY
Hyperakt is growing and we’re looking for fresh talent! We are working on exciting stuff for great clients and are looking to add a smart, creative front-end developer to our team that loves the synergy between design and technology. We need a code geek that is up to date with the latest and the greatest the web has to offer.
You will work directly with a creative director and designer on all projects. You’ll be working in a tight-knit environment where you’ll be exposed to everything happening in the studio. The position is full-time freelance to start with the possibility of turning into full-time staff shortly after. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll spend approximately 75% of your time doing development work and 25% of your time doing design work. This of course varies as the ratio of design to development projects ebbs and flows, but the key point is that the ideal candidate for this position will be flexible and comfortable working on both design and development projects.
- Developing websites, blogs, HTML emails, and other assorted frontend web projects, often from the ground up, including production of assets.
- Designing websites and rich email campaigns via mockups, wireframes, and sketches.
- Designing and producing web content such as banner ads.
- Maintaining websites and providing related support to clients.
- General server admin duties for the studio.
- Eager to learn and grow.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and with minimal supervision.
- Dependability, reliability, and attention to detail.
The following skills are absolutely required. Do not apply if you are not confident in your skills in each of these areas.
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS, especially cross-browser compatibility and HTML for email.
- Strong working knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong communication skills, proactive and motivated.
- Strong logic & problems solving skills.
The ideal candidate will not only have expert Photoshop and Illustrator skills, but have an understanding of design concepts as well. You must be able to hold your own when it comes to interaction and user experience design. This includes proficiency in page layout, usability, and accessibility. You should have a keen ability to solve design problems and possess sophisticated mockup skills.
Hyperakt is an independent New York City design firm with a passion for creating work that effects change in the world around us. Our clients are organizations that address the most important social issues of our time and innovative businesses that empower people through social entrepreneurship. Hyperakt has created brand identities, websites, printed communications and data visualizations for clients like UNICEF, United Nations, U.S. Federal Government, GOOD Magazine, NAACP, ACLU, Adobe, Focus Features, Nikon, and ClimateWorks.
To apply: Please email your cover letter, resumé, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, write "Front End Developer"
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
150 total views, 1 today