IGN Entertainment: Product Designer
Location: San Francisco, CA
IGN Entertainment is seeking a Product Designer to work in our San Francisco, CA office as part of our product development team to help define the next generation of online gaming and media entertainment. The candidate should be able to thoughtfully contribute in a team environment during a project’s user research and concept development phases and must be passionate about expressing interactions in visual form through clear and creative user experiences. The responsibilities of this position will vary depending on the project, but the candidate should be comfortable participating in all parts of the user-centered design process and with creating deliverables at varying levels of fidelity including but not limited to user flows, sitemaps, wireframes all the way to final artwork and specifications delivered to engineering.
Qualified candidates should have led the design of one or more complex applications or services and a have a general understanding of the methods involved, including participatory design, rapid iterative prototyping, and asset optimization. Our preference is for candidates with a hybrid background, comfortable doing both visual design and interaction design. Exceptional candidates with backgrounds in only one aspect will be considered.
• Produce highly accurate documentation (use cases, wireframes, flow diagrams, site maps, prototypes, etc.) required to implement design; ensure that produced pages match specifications
• Participate in project definition activities with other project and business stakeholders
• Work collaboratively with development / engineering leads to take a design from concept, to specification, to implementation, creativelyhandling issues and edge cases as they arise
• Actively think of creative solutions to complex user experience problems and propose improvements to the existing product; be comfortable with data and metrics that might inform design direction
• Collaborate with Usability/Design to moderate and prepare documents for usability tests, including writing test plans, scenarios and questionnaires
• Additional hands-on activities could vary depending on the skills and preferences of the successful candidate
• 3+ years visual and interaction design experience.
• Strong visual communication skills with a dedication to detail and consistency.
• Able and willing to work collaboratively with other disciplines including product managers, editorial, engineering, marketing and ad solutions to define great user experiences.
• Understand user-research and testing methodologies.
• Contribute to ideation and concept development.
• Translate high-level objectives and design principles into interaction flows, information architecture diagrams and ultimately visual designs.
• Create visual UI designs that embody and push the IGN brand including production screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, buttons, icons, etc.
• Communicate design rationale verbally and visually to colleagues & stakeholders.
• Knowledge of practical benefits and limitations of relevant technologies.
• Design and prototype interface transitions.
• Proficient with the Adobe CS4 suite.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
315 total views, 1 today