IGN Entertainment: UX Streetfighter
Location: San Francisco
IGN Entertainment is seeking an Interaction Designer to work in our San Francisco, CA office.
As a part of IGN’s product team, the Interaction Designer (“you”) will help create the leading games media platform across all screens. The work for this position will vary project-to-project, and you are ready for that challenge: from research hypothesis to storyboard; from use case to wireframe or prototype. You can thoughtfully contribute to the big picture, and best help the team by developing interactions in visual form through clear and actionable user experience artifacts. You will collaborate with engineers, editors and users because you are passionate about what finally ships.
The product group at IGN, in the words of founder Peer Schneider, are “a team of uniquely cross-disciplined talents with a transformative vision PLEASE SEND HELP, THEY’RE FERAL.” Responsible for the strategy, experience and visual design of IGN content, everywhere, the team is hard at work on something bigger than being number one in the gaming category: to represent gaming as the ascendant form of culture. Simply put, the Interaction Designer is equipped and eager to advance the user experience beyond IGN.com through projects such as mobile apps, syndication, social platforms and console services.
What does that mean exactly?
• Participate in project definition activities with other project stakeholders, including editorial, engineering & marketing.
• Help in structuring & facilitating design research, including non-directed interviews, usability tests, and other design discovery processes.
• Collaborate with market research team to gather data & determine audiences for specific projects to aid in definition of use cases.
• Translate business and experience goals into storyboards, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes.
• Work collaboratively with design & engineering leads to take a design from concept, to specification, to implementation, creatively handling issues and edge cases as they arise.
• Leverage quantitative data analytics tools in combination with design research to aid design decisions and make optimizations post-launch.
What will get you in the door?
• 3+ years of real-world interaction design experience, including the design of one or more complex applications, mobile or tablet sites or apps.
• Strong HTML5/CSS3 skills in the service of prototyping interfaces. JQuery is ideal.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to contribute to ideation and concept development.
• Must be self-motivated, able to manage and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of practical benefits and limitations of relevant front-end technologies.
If we’re being honest:
• You’ve designed some truly beautiful interaction documentation in your time, and you can’t wait to put all that wasted effort behind you. You’re happier to sketch.
• People you respect have said your designs are great to use.
• You’re confident enough to ask questions, risk looking dumb, and fail fast.
• You’re a good copywriter, because you understand that copy is UI.
• You have a passion for games, or a deep consultancy background (i.e. “well versed in feigning strong interest”).
• You have a go-to Tekken character and can demolish the design leads here.
• You’re blood relation to Steve Jobs.
Here’s the good stuff about us…
• You’ll make an impact. We reach 70MM unique users. We’re big time, but we’re not afraid to give you real opportunities to be epic and make a difference immediately. Learn about us at http://go.ign.com/jKOmeS.
• We’ve got a big presence, but a small team. Making your way in the world today takes everything you got. You wanna be where everyone knows your name. At IGN you’re not going to get lost among countless aisles of drones.
• We have fun. It’s all about games and games are fun. Anyone can offer casual work environment, flexible hours, and benefits. We can offer that and a place where gamers as passionate as you want to share some beers (if you’re of age, of course) and plot your demise in the arcade/game room.
• We’re passionate about what we do. IGN employees understand our users, because they are our users. We have a personal interest in providing the best possible product.
• We get that there is no spoon. We encourage and support each other in creating new ideas by paying attention to the world out there, using our imagination, experimenting, and learning from success and failure.
• We value irreverence. We want you to be yourself, speak your mind, lead shenanigans, and know that nothing here is above question.
• There is value in games. We’re the experts and we’re preparing for a future where gaming is everywhere. Check out http://go.ign.com/mlHa0t.
Want a sneak peek of our headquarters? Check out the TechCrunch Cribs feature at http://go.ign.com/gHjKlm.
Come geek out with us, but be prepared to work as hard as you play. It’s serious business, after all.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
280 total views, 1 today