IMVU: Interaction Designer – Games
Location: Mountain View, CA
IMVU, Inc. (http://www.imvu.com) is an online social game where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, chat, create and play games with their friends. IMVU has reached 50 million registered users, 10+ million unique visitors per month and a $50+ million annualized revenue run rate. IMVU has the worlds largest virtual goods catalog of more than six million items, almost all of which are created by its own members. Â IMVU is available in multiple languages on both Windows PC and Mac platforms, and for mobile users via its IMVU 2Go iPhone application, available in the Apple App Store.
IMVU has been recognized frequently, including Best Place to Work for the past 2 years, Inc. 500/5000, 8thÂ fastest growing private tech company in Silicon Valley over the past 3 years, and 87thÂ fastest growing tech company in North America over the past 4 years.Â Â The companyâ?s CEO, Cary Rosenzweig, was recognized as The Most Admired CEO among emerging growth companies in 2010 by the San Francisco Business Times.
Founded in 2004, IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital and is located in Mountain View, CA.Â IMVU has been profitable since 2009.
So, what will you do?
* Reporting to the UX and Design Mananger, he/she will be designing compellingÂ user experiences across many products.
* Develop prototypes, storyboards, screen-flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, mock-ups and written text to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. Use whatever toolsÂ that make youÂ responsive, fast and effective
* Lead user research and usability testing effortsÂ
* Measure the success of our user experience. Revise and update designs based on user testing and customer feedback
* Create UI specification documentation as necessary
* Work closely with agile engineering and product management teams to ensure execution of design requirements
* Drive best practices with an eye toward repeatable design patterns, localization, scalability, and ease of maintenance
* 2+ years experience working as an interaction designer
* Demonstrated experience designing usable applications
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively, communicating design rationale and building consensus
* Experience with end-user usability testing
* A strong, clean visual design sense
* Background designing addictive experiences, like games orÂ social networksÂ
* Experience managing the design of complex, feature rich applicationsÂ that already have aÂ lot of usage
* Experience designing graphically-driven desktop applications
* Experience with user-generated content driven systems
* Localization/translation/internationalization experience
* Bachelors or Masters degree in Human Factors, HCI, cognitive science, graphic design or related field
How to Apply:
* Please join IMVU&play around before you apply. Weâ d like you to understand our products and work environment
* Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered
* As part of the interviewing process you will be required to share your portfolio of past design projects and defend the thinking and effectiveness of those design decisions to the IMVU interview team
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/1DIVl
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
298 total views, 1 today