IMVU: User Research Manager
Location: Mountain View, CA
IMVU, Inc. (http://www.imvu.com) is an online social game where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, chat, create and play games with their friends. IMVU has reached 50 million registered users, 10+ million unique visitors per month and a $50+ million annualized revenue run rate. IMVU has the worlds largest virtual goods catalog of more than six million items, almost all of which are created by its own members. Â IMVU is available in multiple languages on both Windows PC and Mac platforms, and for mobile users via its IMVU 2Go iPhone application, available in the Apple App Store.
IMVU has been recognized frequently, including Best Place to Work for the past 2 years, Inc. 500/5000, 8thÂ fastest growing private tech company in Silicon Valley over the past 3 years, and 87thÂ fastest growing tech company in North America over the past 4 years.Â Â The companyâ?s CEO, Cary Rosenzweig, was recognized as The Most Admired CEO among emerging growth companies in 2010 by the San Francisco Business Times.
Founded in 2004, IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital and is located in Mountain View, CA.Â IMVU has been profitable since 2009.
User Research Manager:
The User Experience Research Manager will be responsible for managing all phases of the research process, from project conception, to implementation, development of recommendations and evangelism. He/she will work closely with design, product, data insights and engineering teams to gather findings and inform product and design decisions.
* Plan and conduct research using qualitative methods such as onsite usability studies, remote usability studies, field studies, user interviews, heuristic evaluation, and concept testing to assess the user experience of product features and concepts.
* Collect and analyze user attitude and behavior data through surveys, A/B testing, and analytics.
* Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
* Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
* Effectively prioritize and deliver multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
* Support the career development of team members through clear goal setting, performance feedback, and professional development opportunities
* A degree preferred in computer science, human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information science or related field.
* 5 years of related work experience in an applied research setting (internet, social and gaming).
* 3 years leading a team of user experience researchers or multi-disciplinary design team
* Experience with quantitative research with the capability of integrating quantitative and qualitative insights into a prescriptive action plans.
* Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
* Persona and Scenario development experience.
* Must be comfortable with Data Analysis (qualitative and quantitative).
* Must be comfortable with understanding business requirements and translating into user research where needed.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaborate skill
* Experience working in Agile/Scrum development environments.
How to apply:
* Please join IMVU&play around before you apply. Weâ d like you to understand our products and work environment.
* Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/q6yz
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
294 total views, 1 today