Location: San Francisco, CA (SOMA)
We’re fixing the funding process by removing the middleman and empowering people from all over the world to accomplish extraordinary things through our platform. In 2008, we unleashed Indiegogo in the independent film industry and it was a smash hit. In 2009, we expanded to include all industries and today we’re the leading international crowd-funding platform, having raised millions of dollars for tens of thousands of campaigns worldwide. Our belief is that anyone, anywhere who is passionate and works hard should be able to raise money. And we’re here to make it happen.
Ruby on Rails Developers
Indiegogo’s Rails Developers are based in our San Francisco (SOMA) office. You will have the opportunity for significant impact in a development heavy position, and will have the dual role of developing great new functionality while at the same time diligently chipping away at the imperfections of the existing codebase.
Objectives & Responsibilities:
· Become an expert of the codebase and design, build and test new features
· Diligently chip away at the imperfections of the existing codebase and improve test coverage
· When appropriate, be a mentor to our other engineers, ensuring that you and they are continuously learning and growing
· Investigate new technologies and make recommendations on changes to the existing infrastructure
· For the first 6 months, this position will be development focused; subsequently, there is the opportunity for more leadership and architecture
Required skills and experience:
· Over 3 years experience building commercial web applications, preferably developing using Ruby on Rails
· Hands on involvement with automated testing methodologies in a Ruby on Rails (or similar) environment
· Experience in a small startup or similar multidisciplinary team environment
· Experience working in a mid-level or senior position within a development team
We are looking for engineers who:
· Have attention to detail and take pride in the products they develop
· Are confident of their abilities but also willing to compromise and adapt
· Can quickly cut through the static and focus on the core of a given problem
· Are involved in their community — professional and otherwise
Working at Indiegogo (here’s what’s in it for you!)
At Indiegogo you’ll find a welcoming, supportive community that embraces collaboration, fearlessness and authenticity. We are a rapidly growing organization and our platform is used by people all over the world to raise money for their creative, cause-related, or entrepreneurial ideas. Our customers are passionate about their funding campaigns, and so are we! We are a team of passionate, results-driven, team-players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dream” work. We love our dogs, good food, coffee, and post-it notes! Lots of post-it notes!
We are growing faster than we can type; so now it’s time to meet you! We offer competitive salaries, equity, benefits and cool perks. If you’re passionate about what we’re passionate about, we want to meet you. Check out our open roles and apply where you see a great fit!
To apply: To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know why you think you’re the best fit to work here.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
180 total views, 1 today