Inkling: Front End Designer/Developer
Location: San Francisco, California
Inkling brings the world’s best content to iPad with interactivity, social collaboration and simple ease-of-use. No more heavy, expensive textbooks to carry around campus. Inkling textbooks are more interactive, more flexible and cheaper.
Inkling seeks a Front End Designer/Developer to assist in the creative design and implementation of the world’s best learning content. The Front End Designer/Developer will work as part of Inkling’s design team, creating the stylesheets and other technical components necessary to make content from educational publishers look beautiful and perform seamlessly in the Inkling platform.
- Design templates, stylesheets and other style elements for learning content
- Implement designs with high fidelity using HTML and CSS
- Build semantic markup that is extensible and maintainable
- Work with content architects to ensure quality and accuracy of styled content
Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in HTML5 and CSS3 development
- Experience with XML workflows
- Experience with UNIX and the command line environment
- Good graphic design, typography, and information design skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in design, engineering or related field
Applicants should submit a portfolio of relevant work (via URL or PDF) and a resumé.
Note: We will consider both full-time and contract hires for this position.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
299 total views, 1 today