Instrument: Senior Web and Application Developer
Location: Portland, OR
Instrument is a web design, development and strategy company in Portland, Oregon. We’re looking for a proficient, dedicated programmer to join our team. We’re searching for people who are driven to create the best work possible. We have an open, collaborative environment with an intense focus on teamwork.
In this position, you will work primarily with front-end developers to help create consumer experience web sites and applications. You will also work with the Technical Director to continue to improve our development process and build new tools to help us be more efficient and deliver the best work. ?
- ?At least 3 years of professional experience developing web applications and web sites
- A solid grasp of multiple programming languages (primarily Ruby, but also some Python and Java) ?
- Have developed web sites and apps in frameworks like Rails, Django and AppEngine
- A keen desire to take the lead on back-end programming projects
- ?Have a working knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc (NoSQL a plus) ?
- Magento or other enterprise E-Commerce integration experience a plus
- Experience with Linux/Unix server configuration and maintenance
- ?Live in version control (We use git, but also have legacy svn and darcs)
??ADDITIONAL EXPECTATIONS ?
- Work with a sense of urgency (without panic) to deliver consistently
- ?Approach your work with an open, flexible outlook and a focus on innovation
- ?Engage with a positive attitude within the larger team to produce the best possible product and results ?
- Maximize your time and output by thinking creatively and working smarter, not just harder ??
WHAT WE OFFER ?
- Competitive salary, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage and 401k
- A great new work space in the Alberta Arts district of Portland, Oregon?
- A collaborative, progressive, team development environment?
- Access to innovative, creative projects with clients like Nike, Google and Intel
- ?Paid holidays and vacation/ personal time ?
- A team of people that work smart and play hard
- ?Opportunities to make a difference in a small, highly productive environment
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
158 total views, 1 today