Location: Ann Arbor, MI
The Senior Visual Designer will be part of the User Experience Design team located in downtown Ann Arbor. However, travel to the east coast to be part of the Marketing & Communications team in downtown NYC will be necessary up to 20% of the time. This position will start as a contract position but may have the potential to become to full time.
What we do.
) User Experience is responsible for delivering an exceptional online research experience to librarians, publishers, and end-users. The team comprises individuals who are passionate about design, research, marketing, and technology, and who believe that collaboration, communication, and a healthy dose of fun are the tenets of success. We are experts on user studies, wireframes, and design, as well as sharers of snacks, lovers of product development, and players of Pictionary.
What you’ll do.
Principally, the Senior Visual Designer uses color, typography, and form to solve user experience challenges for the JSTOR (www.jstor.org
) platform. You will collaborate with partners in marketing, product management, and software development to deliver design styles, approaches, and visualizations that are innovative and user-friendly. You will consult metrics, testing, and market and user research to inform our unique design, and transition seamlessly between discussions about the role of visual design in our organization to spirited debates about the best M&M variety. (Peanut. Obviously.)
· You define design guidelines and see projects to their completion.
· You demonstrate in your portfolio the impeccable sensibility for color and composition of an expert-level design specialist.
· You understand the value of aesthetic restraint and simplicity, but can design in a range of styles, from modern to cartoon, button glass to flat retro.
· You manage the balance of form and function in your designs.
· You thrive in fast-paced environments, managing multiple projects and shifting priorities.
· You collaborate well with teams, but possess the initiative and professionalism to work independently.
· You welcome honest, candid feedback.
· You exhibit a user-centric design approach and think of data and testing as allies in creating the best possible user experience.
· You work with the Adobe Creative Suite, and have experience with Agile development processes.
· You work iteratively and thoughtfully in pursuit of the most user-friendly design solution.
· You recognize that true communication is equal parts listening and talking.
· You understand the intersection of commerce and design and believe that business objectives are met through meaningful user experiences.
– You can clearly articulate design decisions and gracefully handle negotiation.
– You are able to position design within product identity goals.
To apply: Interested in joining the team?
To apply for this position please submit your resume, cover letter and salary recommendations to:
ITHAKA is an equal opportunity/affi
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
728 total views, 1 today