Location: Dulles, VA
Electronic Systems is the defense electronics services arm of ITT Corporation.
Electronic Systems offers elite technologists, engineers, and program manager career opportunities that provide the flexibility, independence, and efficiency typically associated with smaller, more nimble companies, along with the security, stability, growth, and mobility found in a top-10 defense contractor with more than 40,000 employees.
In a challenging and fast-paced environment, Electronic Systems professionals use the latest technologies to deliver products, services, and solutions directly into the hands of those that are working to help maintain our freedom and ensure our way of life.
ITT Electronic Systems is looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join a small team and take charge of a critical web application. The project is stable, it has been going on for several years, and we have many customers. The baseline is constantly changing and evolving based on both our own ideas and our customers’ needs for adding capabilities and making improvements. You’ll be working with a few other Ruby on Rails developers on the same web application. This position will require making design decisions for the web application and to technically oversee the work of the other developers. This position is not an exclusive front end or back end developer; work is involved with all parts of the Rails application. There are other Ruby on Rails projects in various stages of development within the organization, and you may be asked to provide guidance and recommendations for such projects.
The work is at our Dulles, VA location near the airport (enjoy free airport parking and use of the Dulles access road to get to work).
Here’s what we need you to have:
• At least 2 years of professional web application development with Ruby on Rails on a production system.
• At least 4 years of professional web application development in any language.
• Database design and SQL experience. You need to have a good understanding of how ActiveRecord works in Rails.
• Front end design experience with HTML and CSS.
• Experience writing unit and functional tests in Rails.
• Experience developing in a Linux/Unix environment.
Here’s what our ideal candidate would have in addition to the above:
• B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field.
• Experience leading development of Ruby on Rails web applications in a team environment.
• Experience with MySQL.
• An active US government security clearance.
All Applicants Please Read:
U.S. Citizenship required (green card holders and permanent residents not eligible). Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. ITT is committed to diversity in its staff and invites all qualified people to apply, including minorities and women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. ITT is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please apply online: http://sh.webhire.com/public/591/
or send your Word resume to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
210 total views, 1 today