Jen Bekman Projects, Inc. | 20×200: Jen Bekman Projects | Frontend Developer
Location: New York, NY
background in design for e-commerce, consumer-facing web sites. You will
work with our Engineering, Product, Business Development and Marketing
teams to develop and actualize design concepts and implement clean and
elegant code for our public-facing sites and internal reporting tools.
The ideal candidate takes pride in both the quality of their design and
their proficiency at implementing it for the web.
uses the power of the Internet to bring the value and joy of collecting
art to a wider audience than has ever been possible. JBP consists of
three programs: 20×200 is an innovative website that offers curated, limited-edition prints at “ridiculously affordable prices.” Hey, Hot Shot!
is a critically-acclaimed international photography competition which
discovers, recognizes and promotes photographers at all stages of their
careers. Jen Bekman Gallery, the flagship of JBP, exhibits photography, works on paper, paintings and mixed media.
- Develop and demonstrate multiple concepts for interactive web-based design projects.
- Extend design across required components, states, pages, etc. as layered Photoshop files or HTML/CSS.
- Generate and maintain custom website templates and web content.
- Design and code HTML email templates (e.g. newsletters).
- Generating custom landing pages or forms to support marketing and testing teams.
- Has at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Has +5 years experience with client-side web development and production.
- Is an innovative, thoughtful and detail-oriented designer. Please send us a link to your portfolio!
- Has in-depth knowledge of CSS positioning and cascade rules.
- Has some experience in using AJAX APIs to bring your designs to life.
- Is proficient in resolving cross-browser compatibility issues and providing work that degrades gracefully in older browsers.
- Has a solid understanding of page load optimization techniques and tools to measure and improve performance.
- Is curious about adopting new technologies and eager to learn.
- Has some familiarity with version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.).
- Works fluidly and quickly, both independently and as a team.
- Fluency in prototyping design directly in HTML/CSS or proficient at quickly breaking down PSDs into semantic HTML.
- Experience developing for brand identities and brand experiences online.
- Experience using a templating system, and its myriad variables, loops and conditions.
To apply: If you fit the profile above, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Frontend Developer, Last Name, First Name." Include your cover letter in the body of the email and attach your resume. Please, n
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
337 total views, 1 today