JESS3™: Very Senior Designer
Location: Washington DC (or anywhere)
- An amazing portfolio.
- Experience with UI/UX design. You need to know how to execute killer wireframes.
- A strong digital footprint. Show us you use social media in meaningful ways and understand it at the design level.
- BIG IDEAS. We need to see strong concepts in your work. Please show us something new.
- More attention to detail than most people would consider normal.
- Ability to eloquently explain your point of view, and the interest in exploring new directions with a team.
- Someone who self starts and enjoys an entirely cloud-based / virtual collaboration model.
- Experience working directly with clients. Our clients have been around the block, and we expect every employee in the agency to have a certain level of understanding of the world, and also the client service world.
- 5+ years in digital design. We are happy to teach an old dog new tricks, but would love to find a rising star that has been working their entire career on digital design.
- Obviously you need strong working experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator. We use these 2 tools every single day.
- Excellent understanding of user experience design issues.
- Experience providing art direction to others. A big part of creative work is getting people to buy into what you are pitching. Internally and to clients. Communication is important yes, but so is experience. People respect great ideas, but they need clear instruction to get there.
- Team oriented, self-motivated. Sometimes you lead the pack, other times you pick up the slack of another team member. It is so important that you are able to put your head down and work hard to accomplish a challenge.
- Experience working with Social Media APIs. Most of our projects require a certain level of understanding of the way Social Networks work.
- Familiarity with CSS and HTML – no need to execute, but knowing how to implement design in real code is a bonus. Part of knowing how CSS and HTML work, is keeping up on the current options for HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience designing outside the browser. We do lots of work in mobile, large scale interactive billboards, kiosks, slate/iPad and so much more 🙂
- Experience designing data visualization and info-graphics. This is almost a requirement.
- We focus on the front end user experience challenges posed by our clients.
- We are an agency of firsts. We helped facilitated the first foursquare check-in from space with NASA. We were tapped by the Washington Post to brand pot in the year 2020.
- We are an agency founded by digital natives. We don’t retro-fit social media and “web stuff” into client challenges; it is a natural, seamless part of our thinking. If you were born after 1980, you will love it. If you were born before 1980, our team’s teachings will ensure you can continue to stay employed in the face of the rapidly changing landscape.
- All of our employees work directly with clients and we have a very flat structure.
- If you are talented, smart, hard-working and dedicated, we’ll enable you to do the best work of your career. Clients like Red Bull, Nike, Google, Microsoft, Samsung etc
- Make sure you include a link to your portfolio
- Please have references available upon request
- Tell us something relevant we can’t learn from Googling you
- Send a link to your amazing portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Send a link to your amazing portfolio to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
840 total views, 1 today