Full-Time Academic Web Developer
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
The Academic Web Developer will enthusiastically push the boundaries of what is possible both technologically and academically with the web. The Academic Web Developer will work as part of a team of developers and designers with a strong reputation for producing leading edge platforms, websites, and software for digital scholarly projects. This position works collegially and collaboratively with Yale faculty, other staff within ITS, the Yale University Library, the Yale Digital Collections Center, and the Yale Teaching Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and two to four years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in higher education with faculty and professional staff on the development of media and technology that advance scholarly objectives.
- Demonstrated ability configuring and developing themes and modules for web content management systems (Drupal, WordPress, and Omeka preferred).
- Proven experience employing contemporary web development design practices including user inferface design, responsive design, and universal design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work and communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.Yale.edu/jobs – the STARS req ID for this position is 21001BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country’s great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.
How to Apply
For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.Yale.edu/jobs - the STARS req ID for this position is 21001BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
10126 total views, 2 today