Full-Time Web Designer/Developer II
Web Designer/Developer II (003888)
Office of Marketing and Communications
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Grade E
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Senior Web Designer/Developer II (WDD), in the Office of Marketing and Communications. Reporting to the Director of Web and Portal Marketing, the WDD will be responsible for creating design and layouts for a variety of web-based projects, including websites, HTML emails, Flash movies and presentations, and other multimedia projects. The position also includes designing custom websites and associated CSS documents and populating those templates with content to develop websites that are creative, appealing, and highly usable. The individual will create unique graphics, including images, banners, advertisements, and other digital content. The WDD will take on some supervisory roles, accepting all the department’s design/development projects and, when necessary, assign them to other staff members.
Specific duties are as follows:
* Craft, edit, and maintain HTML/CSS templates for websites using Dreamweaver and CommonSpot content management system
* Design, layout, and develop, custom design projects for related projects, including HTML emails, Flash presentations, skinning/theme design for other web platforms (i.e., social networking and collaboration sites)
* Create custom graphic elements, including image manipulation, icon design, banners, online ads, and associated content
* Manage the team’s Flash video server; add and delete content, interface with studio team as require, and embed content in website
* Other job-related duties as assigned
Required education and experience: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; three (3) years experience working in an interactive environment; two (2) years marketing or client management experience; overall understanding of marketing concepts; experience building/updating websites; graphic design capabilities (Photoshop); advanced HTML production skills; and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Preferred education and experience includes: Content management systems [preferably CommonSpot], MS Office suite; interpersonal communication skill. Extensive knowledge of the UMUC organization, groups and staff members is also preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED SALARY IS COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Please visit: http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/ for complete instructions for applying for this position. All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include tuition remission, a minimum of 25 days of leave, and a range of insurance options. For detailed information, please visit: http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm
EOE/F/MC/V. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
1842 total views, 1 today