Location: Berkeley, CA
John McNeil Studio is a creative studio dedicated to making beautiful design, films, photos and web work for technology firms- from Juniper, to Google, to Logitech. We are a growing collection of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians and photographers who help companies make the most of their communications. We work on everything from sophisticated web applications to integrating great design into a corporate CMS to building stunning iPad apps using web tech. We are a technology agnostic team that loves the open web.
* Must have mid-senior level experience in tradition Web development.
* 4-6 years front-end development experience required with emphasis on programming.
* BS in CS/IS or equivalent work experience.
* Extensive experience in hand coding, no WYSIWYG coding.
* The ability to write standards compliant HTML & CSS with thought given to accessibility and SEO.
* Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions.
* Practical understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
* Experience implementing designs from Photoshop in clean, semantic HTML & CSS.
* Experience using JS Frameworks/Libraries (jQuery, Bootstrap.js, Backbone.js, Underscore.js).
* Some experience with Unix and Apache configuration.
* Excellent debugging and problem solving skills (use of Firebug, Charles Web Proxy, WebKit Developer Tools)
* Personable and good communication skills.
Nice to have:
* 2 years min history with Ruby and Rails or PHP.
* Familiarity with Sinatra or other Ruby micro frameworks ( we don’t always use Rails )
* Familiarity with any of the following: Bootstrap.js, SASS, Backbone.js, Underscore.js, AngularJS, CSS3, PhoneGap, Objective-C
* Knowledge of WordPress theme or plugin development
* Know how to use Git from the command line
* Passion for good design and usability on the web
* Participation in open source projects
To be considered:
* Candidates must be able to work on-site at our Berkeley studio.
* Your email should include a link to your Github account.
* If you do not have a Github account please submit code samples that show a thoughtful solution to a unique problem.
* Code samples that contain syntax errors will not be considered.
* Only principals, no recruiters or agencies please.
What to expect:
We will look at your portfolio or GitHub account and any relevant source code that you supply to assess your skill level. We will then reach out to you and schedule a 1st round phone interview. If you pass the 1st round we will invite you out for an in-person interview where we will conduct a paired programming session. In this session we will assess your problem solving skills around certain web technologies. During that interview you will get a chance to visit the studio and get a sense of the company culture. Please make sure that you set aside a few hours for the in-person interview.
To apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
720 total views, 2 today