Location: Chicago, IL
We don’t do sales and don’t buy advertisement. Instead, we do things like:
Jupiter wants to make the web an easy and enjoyable place to develop kick ass apps.
With only 10 people, Jupiter is a small company. Everyone needs to be responsible for everything (except for accounting). Your responsibilities will be some mix of the following roles depending on availability, skills, and desire.
- Managing, developing, and maintaining client projects.
- Working on one of our Open Source products.
- Evangelizing one of our Open Source products.
- Creating your own project.
- Technology Training
- Competitive pay. (Have any requirements in mind? Specify in your cover letter)
- Benefits plan: Health/dental insurance; gym membership reimbursement; 4 weeks paid vacation.
- Work from home.
- Extremely flexible hours.
- The perfect amount of travel (about 1 to 2 weeks every 3 months).
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work with intelligent, talented and innovative folks.
- Freedom to develop your ideas, a platform to realize them.
An extremely smart and articulate programmer. We’d like you to be an expert in web technology such as:
and familiar with the server-side technology stack, programming languages, and best practices such as:
- Ruby on Rails
But, we care much more about passion! You should have strong, well formed opinions on things like:
- How to build a maintainable, error free, quality application in less time.
- The future of web development.
- Star Trek, Star Wars, or Battlestar Galactica.
We’d also like you be able to:
- have a beer with one of our clients.
- self manage and organize in a fast paced development environment.
Please email us a resume and a thoughtful cover letter that outlines three reasons why you are someone we should interview, focusing on how your past work experience has prepared you for this kind of position, and, if you’ve got some, a couple of URLs to recent on?line work. We weigh cover letters heavily and cannot consider resumes without one.
Again, if you have specific salary requirements, please let us know them as well.
To apply: E?mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
405 total views, 1 today