Location: Seattle, WA
We are seeking a junior level Rails Developer to help support the development and maintenance (front and back end) of our websites. This role is expected to have an understanding of Ruby and also the entire Ruby on Rails stack, as all of our websites are running off this language with the occasional WordPress. This role will sometimes work independently on projects, but will frequently need to collaborate with other developers to produce desired results.
K2 Sports has a family of 14 brands in its portfolio, with a total of over 20 global websites being supported internally. We have a small department of hard working developers responsible for complete development, daily management and ongoing maintenance of our websites. Website goals, image and direction are established by the Marketing and eCommerce departments. The Internet Services Department provides technical know-how and suggestions for continual improvement. We also provide administrative tools which gives users access and opportunity to update their own content, independent of the internet services group. One of our growth initiatives is to develop online shopping integration for our websites. This is an exciting time at K2 Sports and a great opportunity for the right person to join our team.
1. Front and backend Ruby on Rails development, both existing and new projects or apps.
2. Collaborating with others to achieve desired results.
3. Knowing your way around our databases.
4. Help set deadlines and communicate often your progress to others.
5. Will be required to take direction from others.
6. Occasional non-Rails coding (think HTML emails).
7. Working with and helping to manage our dynamic imaging library (we use Adobe’s Scene7).
1. Understanding of Ruby.
2. Have a firm grasp of entire Ruby on Rails stack.
3. Deploying with Capistrano.
4. Deep understanding of version control – we use Subversion.
5. Familiar with using Ruby frameworks to write and run tests.
6. Experience working with web API’s (we have a custom API that we use).
7. Hand-coding HTML/CSS.
8. Working with Photoshop and/or Fireworks.
Plusses, but not required:
1. History of working on ecommerce sites.
2. Social Media integration/API’s.
3. Love and respect for beautiful code.
4. Have built or worked on mobile apps.
5. Understanding of or ability to produce valid code.
To apply: Interested candidates please visit http://erecruit.jarden.com to access all K2 Sports job opportunities posted on the website of our parent company Jarden Corporation. Only potential candidates will be contacted. All resumes will remain confidential. K2 S
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
167 total views, 1 today