KaBOOM! : Ruby on Rails Developers – KaBOOM!
Location: Washington DC
- Play Day Planner – http://playday.kaboom.org
- Playspace Finder – http://playspacefinder.kaboom.org
- DIY Playground Planner – http://projects.kaboom.org
- Technology leadership
- Help to determine the technical framework for Web projects at KaBOOM! Depending on your experience, you may have some management responsibility.
- Write code to implement or upgrade Web applications on kaboom.org. Depending on your experience, you may own the product strategy.
- Ensure that all technical aspects of kaboom.org run smoothly; respond to issues as they arise.
- Collaborate on strategy for specific Web products
- Plan and implement features and upgrades for these products, making sure they’ll be fast, reliable, and relevant for years to come. Implement with discipline — run unit tests against new and existing code
- Monitor live applications; address bugs and performance issues
- Juggle a stream of ad-hoc requests; deal with occasional management nonsense
- Envision new and exciting products; push the limits of what was thought possible
- Handle fast-changing requirements with a minimum of frustration
- At all times, be the user’s champion
- Formal software development training
- A track record of delivering polished software
- Fluency in SVN, CSS, Web standards, browser quirks, bash, and basic Linux administration
- Experience with PHP and Drupal
- Comfort explaining technical concepts to people with a wide range of technical understanding
To apply: To apply, send an e-mail to email@example.com along with two attachments: Your resume and a cover letter. In the cover letter, be sure to tell us (a) your salary requirements; and (b) your favorite piece of playground equipment! KaBOOM! is an EOE dedicated
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
274 total views, 1 today