Location: Dallas, TX
About the Position
Kalkomey is seeking a talented multi-disciplinary Senior Web Developer to play a key role on our growing development team. Our small group of developers work on a wide range of high-visibility projects in the company, from improving our industry-leading web applications to solving complex back-office ETL and systems design problems. We use the LAMP technology stack, and our primary implementation language is PHP. Our team uses the Scrum agile development methodology.
If you are a developer who is passionate about code and have a good instinct for developing robust solutions that are both elegant and pragmatic, we want to hear from you.
This is a full-time position in our North Dallas office.
- Mature communication skills, with proven ability to work well with a team by both providing and receiving technical guidance.
- Accomplished development background, having worked on a number of large web applications.
- Expertise in at least one high-level OO language in addition to PHP, such as Ruby or Python.
- Understand the nuances of OO-design and refactoring.
- Experience using and developing web-services and with MVC-based web frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and writing SQL.
- Strong grasp of common systems tasks: basic shell programming, ssh, rsync; ability to configure Apache, PHP, MySQL is a plus.
- Regular user of revision control systems such as subversion or git.
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development methodologies.
Kalkomey is the official provider of recreational safety education in all 50 states. As the established industry leader, we have created a number of web-based applications, including online courses, management tools, and educational materials, which are used by thousands of students, instructors, and course administrators across the country.
We are looking for technologists with a proven track record, who value teamwork and building great software. Kalkomey offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and an environment that provides ample growth opportunities for motivated individuals.
To apply: Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Candidates only, please. No recruiters or consulting firms.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
253 total views, 1 today