Location: Seattle, Washington
King of the Web, Inc. is a Seattle-based online reality entertainment Company. Our employees hail from companies like Microsoft, MTV, aQuantive, Big Fish Games and Expedia. The small team is on a new type of quest to create a portfolio of sites that bring together user generated content in a social gaming environment and ultimately entertain the web. Our employees love online entertainment, and we’re particularly passionate about gaming and social media. What’s it like to work for us? We’re kind of wacky. We doodle. We brainstorm. We argue. We make fun of ourselves. We make fun of each other. We like to be charitable, and we like crowning people King of the Web.
Our jobs are really fun. Seriously. We don’t offer any medical, dental or vision. But we will share our expertise from our past careers. We have very few office supplies and zero free soft drinks, but we do have a bar!
Employment Type: Full-time
Compensation: Competitive FTE salary with early stage equity.
King of the Web is looking to hire experienced software developers who know what it takes to build out multi-million user, consumer-grade social entertainment and gaming products for the web. You’ll be writing classes and methods that put Rebecca Black’s “Friday” video against Double Rainbow Guy in a vicious cage match and prototyping against data models that measure the electoral viability of various individual LOL cats.
- Develop high quality, bite-size game features using Ruby on Rails, MySQL, No-SQL, jQuery and HTML/CSS technology stack.
- Ensure quality by following test-driven development practices: writing automation tests in Rspec, Cucumber, Selenium.
- Be comfortable working in an Agile environment – we ship several times a day!
- Solve complex challenges around scaling, performance, big data, analytics and machine learning.
- Professional experience building rich internet applications.
- Experience with MVC platforms is required, preferably Rails but we may be willing to educate if you are passionate and committed to completely embracing Ruby on Rails.
- Solid OO design skills, including knowledge of core CS algorithms, software patterns and modeling data-driven applications.
- Passionate about leveraging the open source community – we adopt many components from the community, and occasionally make valuable contributions.
- Experience taking UI designs and elegantly translating them into functional and responsive web UI. We move fast, but we scale big. It is critical that you can plan for later while building for now.
Key Job Perks:
Early stage equity. A bar. Writing code around fail videos and LOL cats. Sweet Mac laptops. Chic neighborhood. Hilarious coworkers. Wicked cool loft space. LOL cats.
To apply: If interested in this position, send us a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or respond to this ad.
Please note: Principals and candidates only. Please, no phone calls about this job.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
248 total views, 1 today