Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Interactive Designer
Reports to: VP Digital Marketing & Interactive Design Director
We are the nation’s leading marketing and communications firm serving the nonprofit sector and the common good. Our clients include universities and colleges, advocacy groups in areas ranging from education access to wellness, foundations, faith-based organizations, and cultural centers around the country and abroad.
We have a staff of more than 60 accomplished professionals working in our Chicago and Washington DC offices. Their expertise encompasses brand marketing, enrollment management consulting, fundraising communications, public affairs, market research, advertising, direct and interactive marketing.
We offer excellent compensation and benefits, great clients, terrific colleagues, and an opportunity to put your talent and experience to work for organizations whose missions are to educate, serve, and enrich the world.
The interactive designer will be responsible for developing concepts for full websites, targeted web initiatives, banner ads, and HTML emails. As a member of multiple project tams, he or she contributes creative concepts, proposes deliverables, and supports the advancement of the digital practice at Lipman Hearne.
· Attend and actively contribute to brainstorms and project meetings
· Develop strong creative concepts based on strategic and creative project goals
· Ensures creative concepts achieve client goals while considering technological or budgetary restraints
· Collaborates effectively with other creatives, the project team and other department units
· Consults with and takes direction from the creative director/design director
· Works with development partners and project managers to ensure a well-considered design becomes a reality. Understand the importance of quality assurance and digital craftsmanship.
· Meets specifications and milestones in coordination with the interactive project manager in charge of the project at hand
· Explores and shares new knowledge about trends, tools, and techniques in digital marketing
· Sells, presents and works with clients as needed
Skills and Qualifications
· Has a portfolio that demonstrates creative spark, strong layout skills, and understanding of usability
· Has at least 3-4 years of experience as an interactive designer; agency experience a plus
· Feels at home working with a team on large websites (1000+ pages), specialty microsites, and banner ad campaigns
· Understands CMS-driven sites and how to balance design aesthetics with technological restraints.
· Adept at developing design concepts in Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator (Nondestructive design practices are required for file production)
· Familiarity with project management collaboration tools
· Front-end development experience is not required but is a huge plus.
· Has a solid understanding of developing banner ads in Flash (with basic Action Scripting skills)
Positive, can-do attitude
- Desire to do great work for clients who do exciting things in the world
- Excitement about digital marketing and design
- Love of details and digital craftsmanship
- Love mastering new tools, applications, trends—and sharing them with colleagues
- Be excited about new approaches in digital marketing be it social media or HTML5 / CSS3
Interested, experienced professionals should forward a letter of interest, resume and links to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
. No calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
This is a career opportunity. Competitive salary and benefits, and room for growth. Lipman Hearne is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: email@example.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
161 total views, 1 today