Location: Chicago, IL
We are the nation’s leading marketing and communications firm serving the nonprofit sector. With offices in Chicago and Washington, Lipman Hearne serves clients that include universities and colleges, advocacy groups, foundations, and cultural centers around the country and abroad.
Over 60 accomplished professionals provide comprehensive services, including brand marketing, enrollment management consulting, fundraising communications, public affairs, market research, advertising, direct and interactive marketing.
We offer excellent compensation and benefits, great clients, terrific colleagues, and an opportunity to put your talent and experience to work for organizations whose missions are to educate, serve, and enrich the world.
Title: Vice President/Director, Digital Services
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Strategic Services
Provide overall leadership and strategic direction for the firm’s approach to Digital Services, helping to grow and evolve the practice area. Serve as the “business owner” for the firm’s digital offering, managing P&L, and defining scope of services and practice needs. Drive strategy for integration of emerging platforms and technologies related to web design, banner ads, landing pages, mobile, social media, and other digital technologies. Work closely with heads of other practice areas to ensure effective collaboration and development of successful solutions for clients’ challenges and firm growth.
Serves as “practitioner-leader” of agency’s Digital team: Understands strategy, content, wire framing, design and development processes and needs; leads and models for others by managing key client accounts demanding the most advanced strategy, content, design, implementation, and analytics. Helps integrate strategy, content, and design. Provides digital creative direction and assures overall quality control. Assures efficient operating processes are in place for long-term, profitable growth. Responsible for staff recruitment, development, retention, and satisfaction.
Works with agency new business team, coordinates responses to digital RFPs (and RFPs with digital components). Responsible for developing (or vetting) budgets and approaches, and be an essential member of the Lipman Hearne sales team. Shares insights on digital trends and best practices with agency and clients; inspires digital, creative, and account teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for practice area growth, profitability, staff productivity, and staff satisfaction.
· Provide management, counsel and oversight to direct reports and find ways to grow responsibilities and opportunities for digital designers, strategists, and project managers. Empowers team to provide superior work and customer service. Note: digital designers have dual report to Senior Vice President of Creative Services.
· Forecast work flow, identify capacity issues, and spearhead solutions such as process improvements, partnerships or the hiring of freelance consultants and full-time/part-time staff (either directly or through direct reports).
· Identify professional development and training opportunities for team.
· Conduct regular performance reviews.
· Help strengthen relationships between Digital Services, Account Services, Media, Marketing, Public Affairs, and Creative Services to ensure effective communication, successful collaboration, and shared understanding of objectives.
· Serve as go-to counsel when issues arise regarding staff, budget, project scope, or quality of work.
· Serve on Management Council and help lead thinking on overall agency processes, practice area and inter-office integration, and best business and professional practices.
· Participate in other firm-wide leadership groups as needed; execute policies and plans of the firm within the Digital practice.
· Set an example of professionalism and work style—prizing curiosity, teamwork, creativity, and respect for others.
Client Deliverables (Either directly or through direct reports)
· Develop strategic insights to guide new business proposals.
· Assist with development of new business work plans, in coordination with Business Development staff, reinforcing the firm’s position on Digital Services.
· Build and expand the firm’s portfolio of digital business through new or existing clients.
· Develop and manage budgets, ensuring gross margin is intact with all pricing.
· Drive innovative approaches to quality strategy, content, navigation/architecture, design, usability, implementation, and analytics/evaluation and/or use of emerging technologies.
· Lead client intake; lead or manage documentation, peer comparison, editing, strategic recommendations, and other activities.
· Develop (or lead) content strategy and prepare supporting documents based on client needs and analysis of key data reports and analytical tools.
· Develop (or vet) design or development options or technology.
· Develop key metrics and measures of success as well as analytical approach/solution for all digital/social activities.
· Coordinate with Director of Creative Operations, account managers, project managers, and creative directors to coordinate and facilitate Digital Services workflow.
· Facilitate design, content development, and tech processes.
· Identify enhancements to the current work and second-phase opportunities.
· Write or review plans and strategies for social media engagments and campaigns.
· Serve as key client Digital contact. Establish strong relationships with clients as a trusted advisor/critical thinker who “gets them.”
Strategy and Innovation
· Identify and articulate firm’s position on Digital Services and why it matters for clients.
· Identify relevant, compelling case studies; collaborate with Business Development staff in development of case studies and other collateral.
· Create demand for Digital Services’ contributions by demonstrating their impact.
· Monitor firm’s competitive landscape; identify ways for firm to use Digital Services’ capabilities as a meaningful differentiator.
· Promote and champion Digital Services within the firm and to clients, boosting utility and raising awareness of capability and successes.
· Ensure continuous cultivation of knowledge related to digital tools, platforms, and technologies for relevant nonprofit sectors, markets and audiences; serve as a firm-wide resource on this knowledge.
· Monitor relevant industry trends and their implications for strategy, architecture, design, content, and analytics (see note above).
· Lead the way in identifying new and better ways of tracking industry trends and sharing information within the firm.
· Actively engage in professional development and leadership roles in organizations/conferences related to Lipman Hearne’s client base as well as best practices in Digital. Attend, speak and volunteer at conferences that attract thought leaders in the field.
· Exhibit strong leadership, organizational, supervisory, and problem-solving skills.
· Command of and understanding of key platforms, technologies, and emerging opportunities in the digital field.
· Command of and ongoing interest in the marketing, communications, and nonprofit fields.
· Be a highly effective communicator with strong writing and presentation skills; ability to sell recommendations and “think on one’s feet.”
· Able to simultaneously work on multiple client engagements; requires excellent time management skills.
· Strong collaboration and negotiation skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Understand and adhere to sound business practices as well as those applicable to the company’s specific operational needs.
· Create and contribute to internal communications in such a way as to foster greater understanding and collaboration.
Work quality will be evaluated against the Lipman Hearne’s current 360 evaluation system along with qualitative input sought from firm leadership, practice leaders, and direct reports.
Professionalism and Character:
· The Vice President must be an energetic, dynamic leader who models and fosters curiosity, teamwork, creativity, and innovation.
· Must have integrity and an appreciation for the tenets of Lipman Hearne’s visionary client organizations.
· Strong team leader who engages and empowers direct reports.
· Ten or more years of related work experience (i.e., agency, marketing or communications management in a client setting, advertising, or marketing communications).
· Able to understand/articulate needs of non-profit clients; experience with hospitals, museums, associations, higher education or limited budgets a plus.
· Experienced with web strategy, information architecture, content management systems and enterprise-level software (e.g., CRM systems), social media, and mobile and other emerging technologies.
· Travel as required.
We offer excellent compensation and benefits, great clients, terrific colleagues, and an opportunity to put your talent and experience to work for visionary organizations whose missions are to educate, serve, and enrich the world.
This is a career opportunity. Lipman Hearne is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested, experienced professionals should forward a letter of interest and résumé to email@example.com
. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
366 total views, 2 today