Loosecubes: Technical Lead (CTO)
Location: New York, NY
- Owning and driving the software and technology side of our products. We are focusing on a web application initially, with pushes into mobile and other spaces down the road.
- Working intimately with our CEO and marketing, product, and design teams to help direct the product roadmap and inform overall company strategy.
- Finding, screening, interviewing, and hiring all technical team members, including participating in compensation and contract negotiations with potential new hires.
- Managing the technical team on a day-to-day basis, overseeing all development, and ensuring the quality, correctness, and maintainability of the code.
- Making purchase decisions, configuring, and managing the server infrastructure necessary for running our products.
- Building out an automated testing infrastructure to verify the correctness of our software products, a comprehensive backup strategy to ensure the survivability of our mission-critical data, and monitoring tools to ensure continued uptime.
- Whatever technologies, languages, or development environments you’ve been using, we expect you have mastered them in depth and be able to harness them to execute our product vision. The details of your qualifications are not as important as the fact that you have the ability to deliver.
- That being said, we’re looking for someone with experience in Ruby on Rails, Django, or other suitably modern development frameworks that will allow us to quickly iterate product features and pivot as necessary to meet changing market demands and find our exact product fit. If you’re a PHP, .NET, or Java developer you should be prepared to make a good case for yourself.
- A lot of experience managing large production web applications. You need to know how to scale when we get to that point, but keep it quick-and-dirty while we’re getting off the ground.
- Experience managing a team of developers to produce a large software product, including employment of a tried-and-true team development methodology that works for you, such as agile, XP, scrum, etc.
- Familiarity with modern version control tools such as Git. If you don’t version your code you should be prepared to make a good case for yourself.
- Experience with using automated testing frameworks such as Test::Unit, RSpec, Cucumber, Selenium, etc. to write comprehensive unit, functional, and acceptance tests. Correctness and automated, repeatable tests are a high priority for us to ensure a flawless product experience.
- Systems administration experience for running our platform. You and your team will be the IT staff for the near future. We’re thinking a cloud-based (EC2/S3) solution is best, but the call and details are up to you.
- You should be in or willing to relocate to New York City. Our aim is to begin working out of loose cubes around the city as we get more signups, to embody our goal of impermanent workspaces—so don’t expect drudgery!
- We’re funded. This is not a fly-by-night startup being personally financed as a pet project by some clueless ex-Wall Street trader. We’re backed by some of the same VCs that have funded Groupon, Facebook, Etsy and Kayak. We have the money to pay salaries, spend on technology build-out, and take the time to assemble the user base without immediate pressure to monetize.
- We’re young. You have the opportunity to define our entire technology strategy from the ground up. You’ll build the team. You’ll choose the technologies. You’ll make the calls. No legacy code to support and no database hacks to send to thedailywtf.com.
- We’re awesome. We don’t use the word ‘revolutionary’ lightly. There are literally customers knocking down our door waiting to pay for our product. We have been scrambling to keep bloggers and journalists at bay until we’re in a position to launch. Our team is fun, progressive, no-nonsense, and gets it. The interest in our product is massive and we need to execute because we’re not in business to market vaporware.
- We’re not going to make any claims to success because that largely depends on who you are. Watch our video if you want to meet us and get a better idea of who we are.
- Compensation competitive with other NYC early-stage technology startups.
- A negotiable mix of salary and stock options for the right person.
- Full health benefits covered by the company
To apply: Email us your résumé and say hello: firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
106 total views, 1 today