Location: San Francisco, CA
Mashable is seeking an outstanding Rails developer to build
innovative social web apps as part of our “Mashable Labs” development
This developer will not work on the day-to-day
requirements of Mashable: Instead you will join a small team of Rails
developers to build experimental applications around social news and
This team consists of self-starters who like building ground-breaking new web apps from start to finish.
you want a cushy corporate job with strict orders, this position is not
for you: We have a startup ethos where experimentation is encouraged
and developers wear many hats.
Is this you?
• Minimum 2 years RoR experience
• Experience building complete web applications in Rails (examples required)
• Excellent grasp of MVC and DRY principles
• Experience of XSS vulnerabilities and paths to prevention
• Familiar with TDD or BDD
• Team player comfortable with agile software development techniques
• Contributes to open source projects (examples appreciated)
• Experience scaling Rails apps preferred
• Work with Mashable’s Rails development team to build innovative social web applications
Bonus points for:
* Knowledge of Haml/Sass and MongoDB
* Comfortable using unobtrusive jQuery
* Experience with OAuth, REST APIs, and similar concepts.
* GitHub or StackOverflow profiles.
To apply: Apply for this position by filling out our application form: https://mashable.wufoo.com/forms/apply-to-work-at-mashable-business-developers/
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
457 total views, 2 today