Location: SF, NYC or virtual
Mashable is seeking a world-class UI Designer to bring fresh thinking to our user interface design. You’ll have freedom to define the look, feel and character of a web property that reaches more than 10 million readers per month. You’ll also work on innovative web applications being developed by our Mashable Labs team.
As the most senior member of our design team, you’ll work with our UX Designer, Graphic Designer and development team to make gorgeous, modern and unique interfaces that are a joy to use.
We want to see:
- 3+ years experience in web interface design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Remarkable attention to detail
- A deep understanding of color and design theory – you should be able to explain *why* a design choice is the right one.
- A strong design ethos and the confidence and knowledge to back up your design decisions
- A passion for great design and disdain for anything less than pixel-perfection
- An extensive portfolio packed with emotive, stunning and breathtakingly gorgeous UI work. Dazzle us.
We’d like you to be:
- An expert in Photoshop, Fireworks, and Illustrator
- Familiar with CSS and HTML – you don’t have to be an expert, but you should know how to implement your designs in real code.
- Flexible and adaptive – you’ll be working on multiple projects at the same time.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with a version control system such as SVN or Git
- Experience designing interfaces for mobile and tablet platforms
Mashable is a news site that covers the companies, products, people and trends that are shaping the digital world. Founded in 2005, Mashable is headquartered in New York City with an additional office in San Francisco.
Mashable employs a full-time global staff of 30+ talented professionals on its editorial, business and development teams, with a network of guest writers and paid contributors. The company has won numerous awards for its coverage of the social media and technology space, including most recently, three Webby Awards in 2010.
With a strong emphasis on quality content, Mashable also has syndication deals with a number of top media properties, including CNN, Yahoo!, Forbes and ABC News. Mashable’s growing audience includes more than 10 million unique monthly visitors, 2 million Twitter followers and 300,000 Facebook fans.
To apply: Complete the form on our website: https://mashable.wufoo.com/forms/apply-to-work-at-mashable-business-developers/
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
281 total views, 1 today