Location: Waltham, MA
Draw on your user interface development expertise to create state-of-the-art online experiences for the New England Journal of Medicine website.
The Massachusetts Medical Society is a prominent leader in healthcare. Our premiere publication, the New England Journal of Medicine, continues to inform and educate physicians around the world of cutting-edge research and advances in medicine.
Use your strong UI development skills to develop front-end code for multiple healthcare publication websites. Working with mid-tier and content services developers, visual designers, and external partners you will create rich, usable Internet applications. You will also research and share information on current industry trends, and play a lead role in the development and promotion of UI coding best practices.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Deliver flexible, extensible, and portable products across multiple front-end platforms on time.
· Create high-quality user experiences from graphic design deliverables and functional specifications.
· Produce UI/UX requirements and specifications documentation
· Follow and promote UI/UX best practices and current Web standards.
· Draw on excellent cross-browser testing skills and cross platform testing skills to assist with user testing efforts.
· Proactively offer and apply/develop suggestions and solutions to UI/UX problems
· Work with Web producers and teams to meet business and editorial priorities as well as the needs of end users, and offer suggestions and solutions to business problems.
· Mentor others who are developing UI code, and perform code reviews.
· Create UI deliverables and quality web applications, write, troubleshoot code, and optimize front-end code for display in multiple browsers, systems and platforms, including mobile devices and email.
· Develop rich user interfaces and components.
· A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and three or more years experience with primary responsibility for developing rich Web applications.
· Experience with Mac, Linux, and PC platforms and basic Internet protocols (e.g. cookies, session management) and web services (e.g. REST).
· Excellent communication skills, good visual design sense, an understanding of usability principles, and the willingness to learn and understand user experience and workflow.
· The ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, to take initiative, and to solve problems creatively and positively
We offer a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits program including exceptional insurance benefits, a company matched 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, and generous paid time off. Our facility located just off of Rt. 128 includes an on-site backup day care center, full-service cafeteria, and fitness room. Visit the careers section of our website at www.massmed.org
to apply for this job and to find out more about us.
The Massachusetts Medical Society is an Affirmative Action equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace
To apply: Apply online at http://www.cytiva.com/mms/ext/cojobsMMS.asp
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
370 total views, 1 today