Match.com: Senior Application Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX
We are looking for a talented engineer who is versatile and creative, who can lead the development and architecture for a new application from scratch and build it efficiently with a small tight team. This is essentially an internal startup with funding and resources, and you are interested in being part of a team (currently being formed) that has the ownership and ability to shape the direction of this product and the potential to make a significant impact on the lives of millions of users. What could be better than helping people look for love? 🙂
Obviously we are looking for smart people. That’s a given. But being smart isn’t the only factor in creating a high-caliber work environment. In addition, you:
- Have an entrepreneurial streak
- Just get things done
- Roll with the punches when the unexpected happens or if the team needs to pivot direction
- Are passionate about this
- Have strong product and design intuition
- Pay attention to user feedback
- Thrive in an environment of open feedback/brainstorming/sharing
- Are a team player and people like working with you
- Are intellectually curious and always wanting to learn more
- Interested in creating a culture driven by metrics and experimentation.
- Strong development experience with Facebook platform, including designing and testing both viral and engaging features. Experience with both back end and front end.
- Impeccable technical aptitude and programming versatility.
- Expert level experience with FBJS, FBML, and Ajax
- Intense knowledge of Java, C# , .NET, Web Services, XML, and JSON
- Great SQL Skills working in SQL Server and/or SQLite
- 6+ years of object oriented programming based development
- 8+ years of programming experience
- 2+ years Facebook application development
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience with consumer facing UI development
- Like to design clean, reusable code, and create a culture around that.
- Iterate through fast development cycles.
Extra bonus points if you have:
- Design and user experience expertise
- Monetization and customer acquisition expertise (Facebook platform)
- Strong awareness/understanding of mainstream consumers who are probably not like you
- Strong business sense
- Scaling expertise
- Personally use or have used online dating sites
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
404 total views, 1 today