Match.com: Senior PHP MySQL Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX
The Senior Application Engineer (PHP, MySQL, Linux) will be responsible for taking a technical and team leadership role in the creation of world-class websites for Singlesnet.
A leader in the online dating space since 1998, Singlesnet members can search for and communicate with thousands of singles across the United States. Singlesnet has one of the most vibrant online communities, connecting singles through instant messengers, online forums, emails and chat rooms. Match.com acquired Singlesnet in February 2010.
This hands on position will lead and manage projects and team members to deliver new functionality and oversee ongoing maintenance activities on existing projects.
- 5+ years web application development using PHP and MySQL
- 2+ years with Apache/NGnix in a production Linux environment (Debian a definite plus)
- Proven track record of designing effective, scalable, distributed, high performance software and/or e-business systems
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent development experience
- Lead and manage projects and team members to deliver new functionality and oversee ongoing maintenance activities on existing projects.
- Interact with business teams to understand business needs, define project scope, and assist in the creation of specification documents.
- Develop project plans and cost estimates.
- Schedule and assign tasks to Application Engineers; provide direction, mentor team members, resolve conflicts, and review completed work to insure it meets functional requirements.
- Manage the workflow within the team. Ensure that work is equitably divided between team members and that each resource fully utilized and provided with challenging work to continually build skill sets and maintain employee satisfaction.
- In collaboration with the Director of Technology, evaluate individual employee performance, set expectations and communicate goals.
- Propose the initial architecture for each project and insure that the design meets Match.com’s architectural standards.
- Verify that the team is following good application design as well as the appropriate development methodology throughout the course of a project, from initial specification creation through handoff to QA and into production.
- Lead by example to produce exemplary code and deliver completed projects in the time promised.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
269 total views, 1 today