Media Temple: Creative Director
Location: Culver City, CA
are currently seeking a Creative Director with the talent and
experience to guide the Media Temple brand to bar-raising standards. If
you are a seasoned pacesetter with an affinity for creating clean
designs and stunning, intuitive user interfaces, please read on. As a
member of our Product Team, you will work with your peers in Product,
UX, Engineering, Support, Business, Operations, and Marketing to ship
successful, meaningful designs. This position is based in Culver City,
role will be responsible for synthesizing needs into useful, usable and
desirable designs and interfaces. You are expected to provide a variety
of methods and problem-solving tools to create user-centered solutions
for both long-term and short-term initiatives. This role will need to
lead a small Design Team as well as collaborate across teams to create
successful interfaces. You will be joining a group of passionate people
who believe building a successful, profitable company and creating
simple and delightful user experiences go hand-in-hand.
for high-level design and implementation of various aspects of our
online presence, such as web user interface design, page layouts,
promotional landing pages, email campaigns, banners, newsletters, and
other online components for our services as well as occasional print
- Helps foster an open and productive atmosphere across Media Temple departments.
- Use drive and vision to determine emerging graphics technology and pushes to adopt these technologies.
- Self-starter and able to take a lead role on any given project.
- Able to drive new creative based on key performance metrics.
- Collaborate with our Product, User Experience, and Marketing teams in instituting an organized and effective design process.
- Total quality control of corporate identity.
- Oversee and provide clear direction through all stages of the creative process.
visual designs for our website along with developing collateral for our
marketing campaigns (emails, posters, landing pages, etc.).
to identify, plan, and facilitate formal and guerrilla user research,
usability testing and other feedback mechanisms as appropriate. Provide
appropriate quantitative and qualitative assessments of customer needs
and market opportunities, including direct involvement of product users
with the development team.
- Undergraduate degree in graphic design or experience in a related field is desired.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with established brands.
- Experience managing a team of 5 or more people.
- Extensive knowledge of visual design, information design, and interaction design.
- Project management skills are critical including adaptability, time management and meeting objectives.
- Strong creative problem-solving abilities.
- Must be flexible and resilient with the ability to give and take direction from multiple teams within the organization.
- Ability to interact with Senior Management, Marketing, Product Management, and other internal teams.
- A user-centered mindset partnered with wicked creativity.
- A passion for web design and delivering intelligent, inspiring user experiences
- Proven ability not just to lead, but inspire!
- Expert level proficiency in modern web technologies and design with a passion for staying ahead of the curve.
- An uncompromising commitment to perfection.
- Proven ability to manage time effectively, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong conceptual skills and pixel perfect pride in your work.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytic skills.
- Exceptional visual design sensibilities and appreciation for minimal interface design.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Thinks big!
- Ability to constructively critique other creative work, offering direction for improving quality, consistency or strategy
brainstorm and working sessions with cross-disciplinary teams. Manage
and appropriately involve key stakeholders for buy-in and sign-off
design milestones. Collaborate. Collaborate. And collaborate again.
Media Temple is a web hosting and virtualization service provider. For
years, we’ve taken complex technology and simplified it for the
everyday website owner. Since 1998, we have provided businesses around
the world with reliable, professional-class services to host websites,
email, business applications, and other rich Internet content.
To apply: Next Steps
We’re growing rapidly and are well funded with a proven business model and established revenue to help us continue growing and serving our community. If you’re interested in joining the team, please send a cover letter and your portfolio along
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
229 total views, 1 today