Media Temple: Product Designer
Location: Culver City, CA
Designers at (mt) Media Temple are responsible for making interaction
flow and aesthetic decisions for the conceptual and technical
development of new products. This includes creating the holistic
design, vision, and overall story for (mt) products. As a member of our
Product Team, you will work with your peers in product, UX, engineering,
support, business, operations, and marketing to ship successful,
meaningful products. This position is based in Culver City, CA.
Product Team at (mt) believes that the work we do is part of larger
creative culture represented by the hundreds of thousands of customers
that make (mt) a trusted place to build a website. This role requires
that you are deeply in touch with customer needs and have a strong
understanding of customer goals. A history in web hosting is preferred
but not entirely necessary. We value data analytics as part of the
design process, believe in iterative development, and love spending time
with our users. The (mt) business requires innovative thinking balanced
with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a
strong track record of achieving that balance.
- Be a smart, hard-working and creative person who loves solving difficult problems and ‘getting it done.’
comfortable collaborating and influencing team members, working with
development teams and other business groups, and presenting projects to
senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Be responsible for partnering to build and execute on new initiatives and crafting roadmaps.
- Be passionate about the growth and success of (mt) customers.
- Have succeeded in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast.
a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and
compellingly and who understands how to drive focus and excellence
within a strong, talented, opinionated team.
- Clean, elegant HTML and CSS.
- Love to build prototypes and wireframes.
- Love good typography and knows what makes it good.
- Not scared by a command-line.
- Value the new and novel, but value people and their time even more.
- Believe good writing is essential to good interface design.
- Doesn’t mind taking charge or playing a supporting role, all in the same day.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytic skills.
- Exceptional visual design sensibilities, and appreciation for minimal interface design.
- Strong technical abilities (including HTML/CSS/JS) and ability to work closely with engineers.
- Demonstrated experience gathering requirements and organizing resources.
- Demonstrated experience using data analytics to improve a product.
- Ability to manage multiple projects – work prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical/creative projects.
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exhibits excellent judgment.
- Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business.
- Strong results orientation.
- Thinks big!
- Small team, huge goals
- Addictive sense of humor
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done right
- Willing to celebrate
Media Temple is a web hosting and virtualization service provider. For
years, we’ve taken complex technology and simplified it for the
everyday website owner. Since 1998, we have provided businesses around
the world with reliable, professional-class services to host websites,
email, business applications, and other rich Internet content.
growing rapidly and are well funded with a proven business model and
established revenue to help us continue growing and serving our
community. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or practice
another craft besides designing beautiful, functional websites, that
means something to us, and we would love to hear about it when you
To apply: Please send a cover letter, your portfolio and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us what inspires you about Media Temple and why you think you are perfect for the team (resumes without a cover letter and portfolio will not be considered).
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
212 total views, 1 today