Media Temple: Senior User Experience Engineer (Sr. UXE)
Location: Culver City, CA
Experience Engineers at (mt) Media Temple are responsible for creating
and building front-end web code. If you’re an engineer with a “work
hard, play hard” attitude and are passionate about pushing the limits of
modern front-end web technology while maintaining beautiful, scalable
code, (mt) could be just your kind of place. As a member of our Product
Team, you will work with your peers in product, UX, engineering,
support, business, operations, and marketing to ship successful,
meaningful products. This position is based in Culver City, CA.
are currently on the lookout for a Sr. UXE to be part of a growing team
that provides a UI/UX resource to our business. We’d love someone who
cares about web standards and good practices while understanding the
value of getting things done. We want someone who will assist with the
planning, building & maintaining of our products, namely our
front-end components for many of our internal & customer-facing web
sites and applications.
- Have 5+ years experience building production web UI/UX in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing individuals, small teams, and projects.
- Are an expert in cross-browser compatibility and willingly embrace the pain that goes with it.
- Are experienced with RESTful APIs; ability to build ‘AJAX-y’ application controls from JSON/XML/etc.
- Have experience with modern front-end frameworks/libraries (jQuery is a huge plus).
- Have a keen eye for usable design; experience with Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Have a passion for building in new technology with progressive enhancement & accessibility.
- Have some experience with server-side programming languages (e.g., Perl, PHP, Python).
- Experience with one or more version control systems (e.g. Subversion).
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytic skills.
- Exceptional visual design sensibilities and appreciation for minimal interface design.
- Demonstrated experience gathering requirements and organizing resources.
- Demonstrated experience using data analytics to improve a product.
- Ability to manage multiple projects – work prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical/creative projects.
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exhibits excellent judgment.
- Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business.
- Strong results orientation.
- Thinks big!
- Love being surrounded by friendly, uber-genius developers and sysadmins.
- Have a passion for learning & using leading-edge web technology (e.g. HTML5, CSS3, CSS @font-face, media queries).
- Have experience with relational databases like MySQL or other SQL technology.
- Are familiar with (and open to) schema-free database technology (e.g. MongoDB, CouchDB).
- Have experience with iterative development processes (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Kanban, LSS).
- Small team, huge goals
- Addictive sense of humor
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done right
- Willing to celebrate
Media Temple is a web hosting and virtualization service provider. For
years, we’ve taken complex technology and simplified it for the
everyday website owner. Since 1998, we have provided businesses around
the world with reliable, professional-class services to host websites,
email, business applications, and other rich Internet content.
growing rapidly and are well funded with a proven business model and
established revenue to help us continue growing and serving our
If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or practice
another craft besides designing beautiful, functional websites, that
means something to us, and we would love to hear about it when you
To apply: Please send a cover letter, your portfolio and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us what inspires you about Media Temple and why you think you are perfect for the team (resumes without a cover letter and portfolio will not be considered).
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
281 total views, 2 today