Location: New York, NY
We’re starting a local community revolution! Our goal is a “Meetup Everywhere about Most Everything”, and we’re on our way. We help people “use the internet to get off the internet” because Meetups change lives and can change the world.??
We are profitable, growing, and committed to building an all-star, all-NYC company. We are a company that values doers over talkers and mentors over managers. We are a company where people who take risks and win are rewarded and grow.
??Our team is ambitious and passionate; the environment is relaxed and fun. We get shit done that makes a difference.
Meetup is seeking creative UI Designers who have a passion for crafting simple, well-designed and fun user experiences that go beyond traditional web-based application and site design. You will report to the Director of Product and will work closely with teams to build new experiences and ensure that existing experiences are consistent and of high quality.
You’re a problem solver and your designs reflect your ability to be an strong advocate for end users. You are excited by the opportunity to contribute to building the next generation of online experiences that will help millions of people discover, spark and get involved in local, real-world communities.
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong portfolio showcasing skills in core design and UX principles
- 1-3 years experience working in a design capacity at a consumer-facing web company (social networking and fast-paced, start-up environment preferred)
- Passion for designing social web experiences that delight and engage end users
- Solid understanding of layout, typography, color and other design principles
- Holistic approach to web design that takes user flows, goals and page states into account
- Strong attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over the quality of the product
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Fireworks and Photoshop and an ability to quickly develop and iterate designs based on feedback and goals
Every member of the Meetup Team is expected to: be an Innovator; be a Collaborator; be a Champion for their ideas; be an Expert; have High Standards; be dedicated to the power of self-organized groups and our mission of A Meetup Everywhere About Most Everything (“MEME”); and most importantly, Get Stuff Done That Makes a Difference!
To apply: If the above describes you and your passions, we want to hear from you!
To apply: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=o1HUVfwh&s=37Signals
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
251 total views, 1 today