Metro (Los Angeles): Web Developer
Location: Los Angeles
- Provide technical development services for web applications and other interactive projects.
- Perform work in following languages: PHP, ASP, Python or Java AND experience using one or more of the following database languages MySQL, MSSQL; Postgres, or SQLite. – Plan, architect, integrate, and develop back-end and database driven applications as required. – Provide clean code and proper documentation for each project- Develop (and document) code that is cross-browser and cross-platform friendly (IE7!) – Collaborate with team to ensure all requirements are met- Support ongoing development for existing projects as required- Fix bugs and resolve ongoing issues as required- Extend existing REST web services as required- Use Git source code control system to manage your code- Attend meetings and perform work at Metro’s downtown Headquarters building as required
- Build a standalone replacement Django project to replace the Pages application that currently serves all the content under http://metro.net/around/.
- Integrate this project into our server environment (gunicorn, NGINX, memcached)
- Integrate GIS extensions into our current database to support a “nearby stops” application to be integrated into a new section of the site devoted to Metro’s service. Integrate this application with Google Maps.
- Build a “20 most popular pages” application that draws data from Google Analytics.
- Integrate the Destination Discounts application (Django) with other parts of the site including the new Lines application.
- Integrate the Travel Advisories application (Django) into the new Lines application.
- Set up a database replication system that will send content to remote servers within one hour of content updates.
- Metro will pay against submitted invoices per terms of the contract:- Phase 1: Invoices based on delivery of items 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7- Phase 2: Invoices based on hourly rate
- Independent Contractor’s compensation shall commensurate with qualifications and experience and subject to negotiation with Metro.
- Insurance is required to work at Metro; specifics will be discussed at time of selection.
- Services will be provided as an independent contractor and does not include employee benefits.
- Independent contractor shall complete work by January 31, 2013, unless this Contract is terminated earlier or extended by Metro, as provided in the Contract.
- Phase 1 should be complete within 5 months of award of contract.
- Metro may extend the Period of Performance at its sole discretion by exercising up to two one year extensions by issuance of an appropriately funded modification to the Contract.
- Funding for this Contract is based upon availability of funds as determined by Metro’s fiscal budget which runs from July 1 through June 30 of each fiscal year. If funding is not approved for any subsequent fiscal year during which the Contract is in effect, Metro will issue a stop work notice.
- Qualifications and experience of contractor and/or each individual contributor
- Samples and descriptions of previous Web Development work (please submit sample code and links)
- Phase 1 fee proposal (fee per each deliverable)
- Phase 2 hourly rate
- Software Development Skill Set
- Software Development Experience
- References and Availability
- Fee Proposal
To apply: Attn: Doug Goodwin, Lead Developer
Subject: WebDev Services
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
347 total views, 1 today