Location: Chicago, IL
Metromix LLC is looking for an experienced Developer to join our team delivering awesome web-based and mobile software to our users. Metromix LLC is a national network of local entertainment websites that targets 21 to 34 year-old socially active adults and provides information on where to go and what to do. Metromix was formed through a joint venture between Tribune and Gannett, two of the country’s largest media companies. Metromix is currently operating in over 60 cities including the top 50 designated market areas. We’re looking for smart people to help build Metromix into a thriving business with a strong national brand – and have fun doing it.
- 3-5 years web development experience
- 1-2 years experience working with Ruby on Rails or a similar object-oriented framework
- Comfort working in a Unix/Linux environment, such as Mac OS X
- Solid communication and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work closely with peers at all levels, professional services, and business team members
We’ll be especially eager to talk to you if you have:
- Experience with test-driven development; knowledge of RSpec and Cucumber preferred
- Familiarity with NoSQL storage tools like CouchDB or Redis
- Experience developing native mobile apps for iOS (iPhone, iPad) or Android, or willingness to learn
- A passion for continuously learning new things, and using them to write great software
About our team
We’re a small team. We practice Agile software development, with daily stand-ups, honest retrospectives and a story-driven planning process. We may be a media company, but we are committed to delivering quality software for our users. We test our code continuously, release often, and pair program as needed.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) including employer match, paid time off, and more.
To apply: Send your résumé to email@example.com. Also, if you have any code samples or links (to your blog, Twitter, GitHub, etc.) you’d like us to see, we’d love to see them.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
191 total views, 1 today