Location: Redmond, WA
Every now and then opportunities arise to work on something different; to build out an entirely new experience for a massive market; to enrich people’s lives by simplifying their day-to-day problems. At Microsoft , we are growing an agile team built on a deep bond of interaction design and engineering to create a rich Web application that meets such an opportunity.
Our software provides a user experience to consume, transform and mash-up all of the data at your fingertips across modern sources; effortlessly use and share your data wherever you want to… on your devices, throughout your organization and on the Web.
Are you a designer who:
• Believes a product’s development starts and ends with the user experience?
• Can turn the mundane into something extraordinary?
• Can tell a story and capture a user’s imagination?
• Knows great designs are not just pretty pixels?
• Sees challenges as opportunities?
• Can look at complex problems and turn them into simple solutions?
• Reads and researches constantly to master your field?
• Has become teary eyed over a great design?
• Can mix outside-the-box with the root of functionality?
• Will be successful working in a senior team on a v1.0 product?
If this sounds like you, you may be our successful candidate.
The successful candidate can have immediate impact on our near-term and long-term effort by helping deliver user experiences today while contributing to the product roadmap.
• Help define, and own UX design deliverables (including user-flow analysis, wire-framing, interaction design, visual design, prototyping and execution)
• Facilitate early ideation sessions with brainstorming, storyboarding, rapid prototyping
• Collaborate with key customers & advisors on tight-loop usability studies
• Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members/leads (UE, Dev, Test, PM) to evaluate and extend project proposals and early concept development
• Engage in a culture of innovation, teamwork and high expectations
• This position requires the need to be organized, detail-oriented and results-driven
• Passion for our customers who want great user experiences
• Capable of working with ambiguity, failing fast/often and with a smile on your face
• Industry experience developing world-class, forward-thinking user experiences
• Proven track-record of hands-on user-interface design leadership for Web or software
• Strong design sensibilities (typographic, grid, motion and color theory skills) and attention to detail required
• Ability to develop narratives and storyboards (Drawing and illustration skills)
• BS/BA or Master’s Degree in Interactive Media-, Graphic-, or Industrial Design or 6 or more years of equivalent industry experience
• Portfolio that demonstrates candidate’s capabilities
To apply: Apply to job # 750492 at www.microsoft.com/careers by using this link https://careers.microsoft.com/JobDetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=38267&jlang=EN
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
272 total views, 1 today