Location: Mountain View, CA
We are looking for an passionate interaction designer to work on desktop and web-based personal finance products with millions of users. The designer will work closely with Product Managers to create interaction design specifications and product requirements for use by Visual Designers and Engineers. Deliverables include wireframes, user flows, use case descriptions, and technical specifications.
Who we’re looking for:
– A natural collaborator, able to develop and present design ideas in a team environment.
– Proven user interface design skills. We need someone who can break complex problems down into simple tasks that can be understood by users of different skill levels.
– Someone who knows that the devil is in the details. Your designs will go from communicating high-level functionality to the team and senior leaders to acting as the blueprints for implementation. UI details from button clicks to complex, multi-step processes will need definition suitable for implementation. Attention to detail and the ability to document and deliver your vision is critical.
– Self-motivated. We’re a team that jumps in with both feet and does what needs to be done. You’ll work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision. You’ll need to be able to deliver work on a deadline and will be critical to the overall release plan.
What you’ll do:
– Develop specifications and requirements defining how the interface should function
– Work closely with the Visual Designers to develop the UI based on these specifications
– Work directly with Engineering throughout implementation. You’ll provide both hi-level support to engineering from start to finish. (i.e. This is not “throw it over the fence”–you will work with the team to bring your designs to life in the working UI.)
– Expertise using whatever design tool works best for you (Omnigraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, etc.) We care less about the tools you use than the ability to work quickly and efficiently and produce great work.
– Experience designing for complex, interactive software products. (Prior experience designing for iOS or Mac desktop applications is a huge plus.)
– BA degree in human factors / interface design studies and a portfolio demonstrating user experience and interaction design work.
Nice to have:
– HTML, CSS and/or iOS development skills
– Familiarity with desktop/online programming concepts
– Experience with data visualization, particularly financial data.
You’ll be working on a well established, industry leading software application with millions of users. Our primary goal is to deliver an outstanding experience for our users.
To apply: Please email links to online portfolio (or samples) and LinkedIn profile to: firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
254 total views, 1 today