Location: San Francisco, CA
Build the game suite that will transform learning and inspire kids around the world. As a founding member of the Motion Math development team, your decisions, energy, and ability to master new technologies will greatly impact the future of our company. If you want to work extremely hard, make learning more effective and more joyous, and are ready to have the best time of your professional career, keep reading.
• Master of iOS.
• Experience building complex published apps with dynamic interactive user experiences.
• Use of numerous iOS frameworks beyond UIKit (MapKit, Core Animation, MediaPlayer, Core Data, Core Graphics, AddressBook, Calendar Kit).
• Thorough understanding of the intricacies of core animation across different iOS devices. (We will ask you lots of questions about memory management!)
• Insatiable curiosity about designs across all categories of the App Store and new Apple frameworks as they come out.
• Experience with and commitment to modern development techniques (TDD, scrum, pair programming, performance testing and tuning, etc).
• Ability to quickly prototype, and then return to the code, refactor, and build something very solid and modular.
• Demonstrable initiative, leadership, and communication skills.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Expertise in OpenGL
• Experience with physics or gaming engines on iOS (Box2D, Corona, etc.)
• Experience with mobile gaming and/or education.
• Participation with the larger professional Apple/Cocoa/Mac community
• Experience with other mobile platforms (Android, Symbian, etc)
Competitive pay, great equity, health insurance, a professional development budget, and the opportunity of a lifetime. Title and responsibilities negotiable depending on experience.
Motion Math creates fun mobile learning games that let kids play with numbers. Our award-winning first product, conceived at the Stanford School of Education, leveraged iPhone and iPad accelerometers to make fraction estimation fun and physical; our second product was released in August to rave reviews, promotion by Apple, and reached #4 in the Education category. We’re based a block from BART in downtown SF, backed by a world-class group of angel investors, including Mitch Kapor and Dave McClure, and we’ve been featured in TechCrunch, Wired, and the WSJ. More importantly: kids, parents, and teachers love our products. Our founders have experience in enterprise software development, media production, and teaching. www.motionmathgames.com
Know someone who’s right for this job? We’re offering a ? * $1000 – that’s right, $3,141.59 – referral reward.
To apply: Apply to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
259 total views, 1 today