Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Come join the “World’s Largest Startup” as Motorola’s newly formed Mobility business launches a new future for mobile products and services.
The Consumer Experience Design team (CXD) is searching for passionate designers to help pull the company towards our future of highly connected, social experiences. Our ambition to make Motorola a recognized leader in digital design is bolstered by our technologies which provide us with a palette for creating richer, more cinematic experiences that are adaptable to a world of diverse users. You’ll be joining one of the largest design organizations in the world, with offices in the US, China, Korea and Brazil.
We believe in ourselves, our future and our heritage in Motorola.
We believe we can do anything.
We believe in the power of networks.
We believe we can make a difference.
In everything we do, we employ an iterative, user-centered design approach in order to optimize business strategies, build our brand develop rich experiences and ensure usability. Specifically, the Interaction Design Team collaborates closely with global telecom service providers and internal work partners to create compelling, usable and innovative mobile experiences for over 100 million worldwide users. We create seamless solutions that include multimedia, calling, connectivity, messaging and productivity applications.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
As a Staff Senior Interaction Designer, you will be responsible for leading and actively participating in the concept, design, documentation and development of user interfaces for our mobile products. Practically speaking, this means you’ll champion your designs through development using research, strategic understanding, your experience and instinct. You’ll lead brainstorming and work sessions, usability and innovation reviews and other forums of design development. In addition to your primary responsibility in the delivery of great design, you will also be expected to mentor other designers, bringing your personal strengths to the rest of the team.
You must be intimate with Information Architecture, experience concept development, user-centered design methodologies and design communication. We’ll help you develop your ability to influence others and to champion great design to a broad audience.
Finally, you must be comfortable evangelizing for consumers and driving culture change in a technology-focused design.
The fine print: Ensuring the future of one of the world’s technology icons is challenging work. Building a better more connected future for billions of people is challenging work. Changing the way we all interact, communicate and share moments is challenging work. But it can start here, with CXD.
• Ability to create appropriate concepts and persuasively present to a broad audience
• Rapid visualization and problem solving skills
• Experience developing and documenting use cases, task flows, screens and interaction design
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Familiarity with information architecture and cognitive psychology principles
• Experience working directly with implementation teams as peer partners
• Practical knowledge of Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with a breadth of qualitative and quantitative contextual- and lab-based research methods
• Sustained attention to detail and innovation from concept to implementation
• English proficiency required, other languages a plus
– Minimum Bachelors degree and minimum 3+ years of user interface or user interaction design experience.
– Masters degree and 1+ years of user interface or user interaction design experience.
To apply: • Please include active link to a current portfolio to be considered for this position
• Apply online at motorolacareers.com Job ID 93513
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
324 total views, 1 today