Location: Mountain View, CA
We are looking for an experienced UX/Interaction Designer to take over the design reigns at myGengo and lead UX for our products and our website as a whole. If you have an appetite for rapid iteration, user-centric design, and the joy of working somewhere where good ideas can be implemented quickly — then this is for you. The right individual will be experienced enough to have a portfolio that includes a range of design work for consumer internet startups, app design and online marketing materials, but with a fresh approach that ensures they can keep the myGengo brand unique.
For example, you might be doing some of the following: Creating a new, streamlined translation order form; Talking to users about what they need from their testing UI; Making a better-converting translator landing page; Producing information design for translator metrics; Creating product tours; Asking translators what pisses them off about the current payment UI; Redesigning the homepage; Creating infographics; Removing a shitty page that didn’t work; Tracking user flow through the order form; Designing new editing areas for String; Designing a more efficient translation interface including new translation memory technology; Designing our analytics screens; etc etc!
Succeeding in this role involves learning everything you can about our product, our customers and our translators. This role requires fast learning, the ability to know when you need more help, and the proactive attitude to learn and work with new systems comfortably. myGengo is a rapidly-growing startup with a star team of international investors. This is a chance to get on board early and grow with the company.
500 Startups’ office in Mountain View is one of the most exciting places to work at in the Bay Area right now – you’re surrounded by other interesting new startups, and have daily opportunities to meet otherwise hard-to-reach design mentors. By working with myGengo both locally and remotely in Tokyo (plus the opportunity to travel to Japan regularly), you have a unique prospect that other startups simply cannot provide.
We’re a Tokyo and Mtn. View-based startup making translation simple, and breaking down language barriers left, right and center. Customers order human translation online through our website or our new API
that lets you plug into our growing network of over 1,000 translators. We make cool tools like String
to help making a multi-language site easy and fast.
myGengo is funded by awesome international investors including 500 Startups (Dave McClure), Felix Miller (Last.fm), Joshua Schachter (Delicious.com), Christoph Janz and high-profile local Japanese entrepreneurs. We’re growing fast, and the opportunity to be a part of the early team won’t be around for long.
- Create and oversee all UX/visual design for myGengo.com and its products
- Write the majority of first-draft website copy
- Ensure consistency of style and function throughout the site
- Design and tweak efficient UIs for our translators (where every lost second counts)
- Constantly drive to improve conversion rates and customer satisfaction across the site
- Work closely with developers to rapidly iterate improvements and new functionality
- Implement minor fixes and prototypes directly in HTML
- Proactively demonstrate improvement of conversion and other UX-centric metrics
- UX/HCI/Design degree or similar
- At least 3-4 years experience in a similar role
- Some HTML/CSS experience
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to put yourself in the mind of the customer
- Proactive use of paper prototyping, iterative design approaches
- Great writing skills — you must be the go-to person for initial copy
- Ability to communicate your work to developers clearly, and to feedback when they need guidance
- Passion for user testing, a great listener
- Great attention to detail. Not satisfied with 95%.
- Total understanding of the company, the brand, our customers and our translators
- Ability to see beyond the borders of North America 🙂
- Proactivity to work remotely
It’s a bonus, but not required, to have experience in the following:
Experience in designing for multi-lingual sites
Salary and benefits negotiable upon experience
Stock options negotiable upon joining date and experience
To apply: Visit http://mygengo.theresumator.com/apply/lrVqaL/UX-Designer.html
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
256 total views, 1 today