Location: New York City
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
New York Media
About New York Media:
New York Media
is the parent company of the ground-breaking weekly New York
magazine; the up-to-the-minute news and service website nymag.com
; the Grub Street
network of food blogs; the entertainment and culture news site Vulture
; and the twice-yearly New York Weddings
magazine. The company’s web properties attract over 11 million monthly unique visitors, and its mobile apps include New York
magazine and The Cut on the Runway for iPad, Vulture Clickables for iPhone, and nymag.com blogs for Android.
New York Media has won numerous awards for its print and digital properties in recent years, including seventeen National Magazine Awards, Advertising Age’s Magazine Website of the Year, five James Beard Foundation Journalism Awards, five MIN Best of the Web Awards, and an ASME Cover of the Year Award. The magazine has twice been named to Ad Age’s “A-List” and twice to Adweek’s “Hot List.”
New York Media is seeking an Associate Art Director to help define how our network of consumer-oriented media websites and mobile products will evolve. The position will work closely with product owners, designers and developers to articulate product vision, wireframe concepts, diagram workflow, shape informational hierarchies, design interaction models, and shepherd products through visual design and development. Products may range from a new article template to a search experience to a mobile app UI. The UX Designer will create low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes illustrating the new products. Based at our SoHo office in New York City.
• Wireframe concepts for new products and work with edit, design, frontend and backend developers to refine/validate those concepts being wireframed.
• The IA is also responsible for diagramming workflow and production tools to support new products. This involves driving user acceptance from business owners based on their needs.
• Act as a primary user advocate across NY Media products, including advertising.
• Oversee the consistent definition, implementation, and evolution of smart UX patterns and interaction models.
• Create wireframes, prototypes, and other artifacts of potential solutions, present them to various audiences.
• Play a flexible role across our products: sometimes as primary UX designer on your own project, sometimes as UX consultant to others.
• Stay current with advancements in interactive technology and competitive or complimentary products, and advocate for the appropriate application of those advancements in our own products.
• Identify and create opportunities for user feedback in the development of new and existing features.
• Direct or assist usability testing as appropriate.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
• A minimum of five years in the field of user experience design, including experience working with media/editorial products.
• Strength in crafting experiences that meet equally well the needs of users/readers, editorial tone/identity, and business goals.
• Equal parts product-thinker, information architect, interaction designer, and usability professional.
• Communicate and collaborate well across teams, including software architects and developers.
• Understand that the ideal first release of a product is one that may not include all the features the business wants but works better than the audience expects.
• Familiar with the capabilities/best practices of HTML5 and iOS.
• You care deeply about the details while always keeping the big picture in mind.
Please send your salary requirements, CV and cover letter to:
with “IA/UX Designer –37” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back. EOE.
To apply: Please send your salary requirements, CV and cover letter to:
with "IA/UX Designer –37" in the subject line.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
366 total views, 2 today