New York Times: Software Engineer – Video
The New York Times Company, a leading media company with 2009 revenues of $2.4 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, 15 other daily newspapers and more than 50 Web sites, including NYTimes.com, Boston.com and About.com. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
NYTimes.com is looking for experienced, self-motivated Software Engineer to integrate video content on multiple platforms and web applications across the site.
– AJAX development experience
– Strong competency in CSS and semantic mark-up, including but not limited to table-less layouts
– CS degree or equivalent experience
– Proficiency in one or more object-oriented programming language (PHP 5, Java, C)
– Firm grasp of cross-browser JS and CSS complexities
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to manage one’s time effectively to meet multiple, tight deadlines.
– Ability to take on a leadership role in advancing procedures and methodologies
– Experience with Front-End Optimization techniques in an enterprise environment
– Experience working in a project-driven web development environment
– Familiarity with Brightcove Video Platform
– Optimizing web applications on mobile and emerging platforms, such as iPhone, iPad, and Android.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
179 total views, 1 today