Location: New York, NY
You are a Systems Engineer with a knack for solving problems. As a part of the R&D Ventures engineering team, you will be responsible maximum up-time for various environments. You should be comfortable with digging into Linux internals, application code, database queries and writing simple to moderate tools. You will be a part of a team focused on solving problems with scalable and maintainable solutions.
- Provide Linux expertise and support to engineering team.
- Maintaining and improving the existing systems/infrastructure
- Aid with designing and development of new features from a systems perspective
- Create and deploy monitoring solutions to ensure system stability.
- Write comprehensive documentation.
- BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- Knowledge of Linux internals and common UNIX daemons (httpd, nfs, sshd, smtp, etc.).
- Prior experience maintaining medium to large scale deployments.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Significant experience (5+ years) with Linux or UNIX with scripting experience (bash, python).
- Prior experience with managing systems in a cloud-like environment such as AWS, Joyent or Rackspace Cloud
- Ability to sift through application code and troubleshoot
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages (Python, Ruby, Java, C etc.)
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Cfengine, Puppet, Chef etc.)
- Familiarity with multiple databases/data-stores (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Hadoop)
The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, About.com and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
To apply: send resume to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
399 total views, 1 today