Location: New York, NY
At News.me we’re on a mission to create a new type of news product. We’re building a product that will be fundamentally social, span multiple devices, and accommodate a variety of reading styles.
We believe in a Web organized around people, not pages; where discovery is social and happens across platforms. New devices like the iPhone and iPad are completely altering the way that users interact with content. They offer tremendous opportunities to create experiences that are personal and human. The news experience must be re-imagined for this level of intimacy.
We live, eat, sleep and breathe this stuff and want to work with brilliant people who care as deeply as we do about what we are trying to build. If that sounds like you, get in touch!
Here’s what some people are saying about News.me:
? “News.me is pushing the edge of what a social news stream looks like” (TechCrunch
? “An Eye Opening App…Seeing the online world through different peoples’ perspectives is a remarkably unique way to experience news consumption.” (ReadWriteWeb
We are building a world-class team and are looking for people who want to:
- Get in on the ground floor of a well-capitalized startup with a big vision
- Collaborate with a small team on all aspects of product and business model strategy
- Engineer a beautiful experience that touches millions of people
- Explore the boundaries of emergent devices
Software Engineer (Python)
News.me is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team and help change the way that people discover and consume news. Applicants should have a passion for both the future of news and building large-scale web services.
- Help to define a multi-platform product vision for News.me
- Build APIs to help power the News.me mobile and web applications
- Scale and optimize the various back-end components: web site, apis and aggregation
- Help build new features around news consumption, such as recommendations, filtering and personalization
Who we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience developing web-based applications/sites using Python
- Experience with building large-scale/large-data web applications
- Hands-on experience with MongoDB or MySQL
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: redis, memcache, nginx, beanstalk, tornado, hadoop
- Proven experience with building REST/JSON APIs
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3)
- BS/MS in Computer Science preferred
To apply: Please send your resume, portfolio and relevant links to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
215 total views, 1 today