Location: New York, NY
At News.me we’re on a mission to create a new type of news product. We’re building a product that will be fundamentally social, span multiple devices, and accommodate a variety of reading styles.
We believe in a Web organized around people, not pages; where discovery is social and happens across platforms. New devices like the iPhone and iPad are completely altering the way that users interact with content. They offer tremendous opportunities to create experiences that are personal and human. The news experience must be re-imagined for this level of intimacy.
We live, eat, sleep and breathe this stuff and want to work with brilliant people who care as deeply as we do about what we are trying to build. If that sounds like you, get in touch!
Here’s what some people are saying about News.me:
? “News.me is pushing the edge of what a social news stream looks like” (TechCrunch
? “An Eye Opening App…Seeing the online world through different peoples’ perspectives is a remarkably unique way to experience news consumption.” (ReadWriteWeb
We are building a world-class team and are looking for people who want to:
- Get in on the ground floor of a well-capitalized startup with a big vision
- Collaborate with a small team on all aspects of product and business model strategy
- Engineer a beautiful experience that touches millions of people
- Explore the boundaries of emergent devices
User Experience Designer
News.me is looking for a strong User Experience Designer to join our team and help build the future of news consumption on tablets, mobile phones and the web.
- Re-imagine news discovery and consumption across multiple devices and contexts
- Lead visual design efforts for the iPad, iPhone, and web interfaces
- Partner with the development team and the business to deliver a stunning product
- Perform usability research to define and develop new product features
Who we are looking for:
- Significant experience designing consumer mobile applications and websites, ideally in the news space
- Experience designing applications for the iPad or iPhone (or other mobile devices)
- Experience with user interaction/experience, wireframing and visual design
- Intimate knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Desire to create the next generation news reading experiences
To apply: Please send your resume, portfolio and relevant links to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
240 total views, 1 today