NPR: Senior Interactive Graphic Designer
Location: Washington, DC
- B.A. in Design or Art from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent.
- At least 5-7 years professional experience as an interactive designer, preferably in a large content environment
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Demonstrated excellence in typography, color theory and quiet interface design
- Command of industry best practices in Web design, information design/architecture, usability and accessibility
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines; ability to multitask and self-manage the deadlines of competing projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to present ideas and designs to a group
- Understanding of the creative process in a collaborative environment; ability to incorporate both stakeholder/user feedback and design critiques
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently or on a team, always showing respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system.
- Experience developing visualizations of geographic and/or quantitative information
- Experience with news publication design or Web design within a media or publication environment.
- Experience with agile methodology
- Experience in news-based photo or video editing and/or expertise in photography or videography
- Familiarity with both Mac and Windows platforms
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visio
To apply: Please include link to portfolio site and apply online at http://hostedjobs.openhire.com/epostings/submit.cfm?company_id=15859&version=1
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
781 total views, 1 today