Location: New York, NY
Let’s start with the boring stuff up front: We’re a small, agile, well-trafficked startup in the sports analytics space. We’ve been covered by TechCrunch, we’ve been written up in Sports Illustrated, and now we’re going to revolutionize the way users consume and engage with sports content. Our founders are ballers, our advisors are even more ballerous, and just wait until you see our product..
If you’re someone who loves sports and also loves building products, then we’re your company. Even if you’re not a huge sports fan, feel free to reach out to us – we’re more interested in someone who knows how to get stuff done. If you’re wondering what kind of people we’re like socially, we have a kegerator in our office and our most played artist on iTunes is Animal Collective. You should be able to get our jokes and we should be able to want to hang out with you outside of work.
Our stack is built on PHP and MySQL, but we’re considering moving to Couch or Mongo. What do you suggest? We’d love to know. We have a world-class designer and front-end developer on board, we need to find someone who is comfortable on the PHP backend, taking things from the browser-level all the way down to the DB. We’re not looking for someone who is merely good; we’re looking for great – ’85 Bears great. Lemieux in the ’91-’92 playoffs great. Lemonade and BBQ on a Summer afternoon great.
- Excellent PHP skills (should be comfortable building out an application scalable to 100,000 daily uniques)
- Knowledgeable of system-wide architecture (setting up version control, release engineering structs, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup setting
- Familiarity with beer pong and general precepts of social skill
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS/jQuery (not totally necessary as we already have a world-class designer and front-end)
- Sports fan (big, big plus – let us know what your favorite team is)
What we’re not:
- Some huge, boring company where you’ll have meetings about meetings
- A company that works in a space that you could care less about
- A startup that values founder’s valuations over the future gains of the employees
- A company founded by a bunch of suits who can’t code Hello World in BASIC
Even though we’re a startup, this is a salary position. We’ll shell out for the right employee. There is also a TON of equity involved; you’re the third employee and huge part of our future success – we’ll take care of you. You should ideally be in NYC, but that won’t stop us from moving forward with the right person.
To apply, just send us a resume and we’ll go from there.
To apply: Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
165 total views, 2 today